3. Act Of War ( rewritten)

As the class emptied, I stuck next to Lucy like my life depended on it. I'd never sneaked out of class, nor hidden my face after class but today, I was embarrassed beyond repair. My ego was horribly bruised. The rest of the lesson had me in a whirl of emotions. 

I felt embarrassed to the core but just maybe this was my chance to get him where I wanted.

"Miss Moreno?, " I swear I bit my tongue from the shock. But I needed to act like he didn't affect me. I nodded at Lucy and put up my most authentic smile. Most fake actually. Give it to me for forcing everything.

" Professor ---Mikhailov," I said calmly. Overly calm actually. I'm never calm. I was raging inside. I was about to explode from anger.

" I wanted to speak with you personally, " he ran his eyes over his opened laptop. Up close, he was overly, overly, taller than I was.

" I see you are a very smart student, one of the best of this college infact," he perched on the large desk and stared at me. I shuddered. His veiny hands holding the edge of the desk so erotically.

" I've been wondering why you got my question wrong, you seemed distracted," my eyes  went wide momentarily and  my jaw fell slightly.

" I wasn't professor, it was rather a surprise to me. If that will be l then I'd like to take my leave, Sir." I retorted.

" Patience, Miss Moreno, you're one impatient student. " he met my gaze. Embarrassment. Again. Like a deer caught in the lights.

" I am sorry professor , " I challenged his gaze. My heart was beating at a really unhealthy rate.

" Nothing I haven't heard, it's fine." He sighed.

" I wanted to know if you have any problem ,so I could help you, if I can."

Oh, so that was it. The whole problematic speech was about this.  About him wanting to help me. Why was he so complicated?.

" I do have a problem actually. " I closed the gap between us. The proximity between us, enticing.

If I said I was done with professors, then I wasn't even close to being done.  I wanted to end this one, like everyone else.

I bit my lips, examining his body like a work of art.

" I would like to seek your assistance, on some topics I find really hard to understand," I chuckled innocently. A perfect act.

" You can see me after class on every Wednesday, I hope that's good for you. I'd like you to be on time, exactly 3pm. " he stared at me and rose from his position. That was it. I had him. His jaw clenched and he fisted his hands, so hard.  I smiled and nodded.

" One thing Miss Moreno, I want your undivided attention whenever I am in class. Is that clear?" He started packing his things, putting them away in his bag.

I grinned, " Yes, Sir."

" And I see through your act, Miss Moreno. Don't try anything funny. The relationship between a teacher and student, is strictly forbidden. Any move from you and I'll be forced to remove you from my class."

My heart was caught in my throat.

Fucking jerk.

" I can report you for this." I threatened.

He laughed, a very chilling humorless laugh,

" I have never had to complain of any student I have thought and plus teaching in this college is an opportunity people are dying for, try something else, Miss Moreno."

" How dare you?!" I hissed, angrily.

" How dare you, dare me, Miss Moreno?"

" Watch your tongue, or I'll have to shut you up."

He shut the door loudly behind him.

" Fuck you!" I stomped my foot on the way out.