18. Lost

When you get in so deep, you realise, you're just a step away from destroying innocent life in the process. That was what I felt now. After having sex with Israel, I thought I would go to the club and get wasted because I made him agree to fuck me in the very classroom, he taught me. The same class, his perfection was at its best.

I stumbled by the roadside as the images filled my memories. I barely heard my phone ring until I stepped in mud. I groaned angrily and picked it.

" Cassandra, I need you to do something for me, as in right now, " my mum's voice blared from the phone.

" Not now, mother, I'll do it later, please, " I rolled my eyes.

"Cassandra, " she warned and it shut me up, instantly. I knew that voice so well.

" Remember the business man, Luke Matteo?, " I fucking did. My hands began to shake uncontrollably.

" He wants your services in other to sign that deal, as soon as possible, "my throat closed up. I felt like a knife was plunged into my chest.

" Mum, you promised, " a tear rolled down my face as I remembered. The very day, Luke was transferred, I was asked to sleep with the most disgusting business tycoon. Whether I liked it or not, or risk being exposed in front of everyone in school. I agreed to it and the next day, I was going insane just by remembering his touches and kisses. It put me in the most darkest days, and ended up trying to end it.

" Mother, I can't do this please, I -- I, " my voice cracked at the ends.

" Cassandra, remember the Moreno's don't say no to such a great opportunity. Who knows after a night or two, " I couldn't breathe.

" He might get married to you, and you get to live the life, every girl loves to have, you'll get pampered, you'll ---," everything began to spin around me. Like a never ending ride. I felt like I was suffocating. I blinked severally, trying to see through my blurred vision. I fell on one knee, as my phone fell to the ground. I couldn't breath and I was in the middle of an empty road.

" H--help, " I chocked out as I crumbled the front of my top. It wasn't going away.

I was surely going to die as I heard the roaring of an engine. I fell hard on the cold road. I wanted to scream, tell the driver to stop but I lost all my strength. Luckily, the car came to a screeching halt.

A blurred figure, appeared from it and rushed to my side. I knew that voice so well. I felt the worry in it.

"Cassandra, look at me, "

"I can't breath, " I struggled for air. None filled my mungs.

" You're having a panic attack, " he rushed back to his car and came back.

All I felt was his fingers, brushing against my lips.

I fell into darkness.