𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Chapter Thirty-Eight:
𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬...𝐖𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐬?

┌──────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────┘

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 ❞

─────𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐮𝐬 (𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝) 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤

"Why do they have to move in packs?" Harry asked Ron as a dozen or so girls walked past them, sniggering and staring at Harry. "How're you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?"

Accalia and Hermione shared an amused glance. The former has been asked almost fifteen times while Hermione has seven. Yet the most famous, and sought out after boy in their year, was standing in front of them like he didn't know how to ask a simple question.

"Have they always been this big of idiots or is this a new thing?" Accalia muttered to Hermione.

"Lasso one?" Ron suggested. "Got any idea who you're going to try?"

"First we werewolves, now cows?" Hermione mused. "What next, a dragon?"

When Harry didn't say anything, Ron continued, "Listen, you're not going to have any trouble. You're a champion. You've just beaten a Hungarian Horntail. I bet they'll be queuing up to go with you."

"I'd rather battle a Hungarian Horntail again," muttered Harry.

Accalia and Hermione were on the verge of letting their laughter out.

A curly-haired third-year Hufflepuff girl to whom Harry had never spoken in his life asked him to go to the ball with her the very next day. Harry was so taken aback he said no before he'd even stopped to consider the matter. The girl walked off looking rather hurt, and Harry had to endure Dean's, Seamus's, Ron's and worst of all, Accalia's taunts about her all through History of Magic.

The following day, two more girls asked him, a second-year and (to his horror) a fifth-year who looked as though she might knock him out if he refused.

"She was quite good-looking," said Ron fairly, after he'd stopped laughing.

"She was a foot taller than me," said Harry, still unnerved. "Imagine what I'd look like trying to dance with her."

"The article Rita would write would be the best I've ever seen," Accalia laughed loudly.

"The Boy–Who–Lived defeated after getting stepped on by a fifth-year Ravenclaw," Ron mocked, only making Accalia and him laugh louder.

Speaking of Rita Skeeter, her articles have become very amusing to Ron and Accalia. Even Noah had to admit some were amusing. They were dumb and incredibly dramatic. If Accalia had to pick her favourite article it'd be the one she gave after Rita cornered her, Estelle, Dora, and Hermione. She gave Rita so many lies and random, very untrue facts that Estelle and Dora had to leave so they wouldn't burst out into laughter.