𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

Chapter Twenty-Seven:
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

┌──────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────┘

𝐈𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐈𝐦 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐮𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨...𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲...

─────𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤-𝐋𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐧

The first thing Accalia could think of as her mind awoke was, one, how much pain she was in. The second was how she is going to need to admit that Celeste was right. The third was how much her family was going to kill her. But with the amount of pain her body is in, the Grim Reaper doesn't seem like a bad person to meet. In fact, she would rather enjoy high-fiving the man—or woman, if it meant the pain would disappear. She's always had a high pain tolerance but this bypass that by close to a million.

She heard people talking but it was too fuzzy to understand what they were saying. Her eyelids felt heavy as she tried to open them. The more she woke, the louder the voices got and the more she felt embarrassed about what happened. Why did she feel embarrassed? That was something she couldn't answer, just like the questions they would start to ask. Mostly for the reason that she didn't even really remember what happened.

Even if she did, there was one thing people could trust Accalia with, we're secrets. Merlin! She keeps so many of her own secrets she no longer knows what people know about her. But it's not like she wants to hide things from the people she cared about.

She loathed it.

She hated the fact she couldn't tell Harry about what happened on the day his parents died till just a few weeks ago. She hated hiding how she knew about everything, which luckily, Hermione had been the only one to ask her about anything concerning that. Now, she hated how she wouldn't be able to tell them why Death Eaters attacked her, for more than one reason.

One reason is, she doesn't exactly know why. She knows about the talk Harry and Dumbledore had after she left when Remus had quite. She knew that Voldemort could be getting resurrected by the man who killed her mum, in turn, almost killing her. But the Death Eaters had no reason to attack her with Voldemort not technically alive.

The only one that had a reason—a pathetic and stupid one that makes her internally curse her grandpa about now—was Greyback, which was unsurprisingly one of the few small details she could remember. Even then, she was surprised how he just left. He scared her for life, again, then just left, again. It felt like he's now only playing mind games with her and Remus—though she doesn't think he's that smart.