𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞

29 December, 1980

"My love, I have to go." Regulus Black told his fiancée as he packs a small bag. Cassandra Lupin was bouncing a 1-year-old Accalia on her hip.

"It's dangerous, Reggie! Why can't one of the others do it?" Cassandra asks for the hundredth time.

"Because I said I would. Matthew got a lead and he came to me because I'm the only one to believe him." Regulus explains as he zips up a backpack.

"What about your daughter, Reggie!" She protested as Accalia was playing with her mom's hair, not paying the slightest attention to what was happening.

Regulus looks at his fiancée with a sad smile. "I know that. Which is why I'm doing it. If I find it, I just have to find a few more things, and this war will end. Accalia, our little princess, can grow up in a peaceful world."

Accalia looks over at Regulus at her name and smiles. "Dada."

Regulus walks over and takes his daughter from her mum's arms, places a kiss on her forehead, before looking at his fiancée who has tears in her eyes.

"But what if you don't make it back? What if he kills you before we can kill him?" Cassandra wipes a few tears that fell.

"It's a chance I'm willing to take, so our daughter can live a happy life. A life that is better than mine. It's all I've ever wanted, my love." Regulus sets his daughter down on the floor, before grabbing Cassandra's hands and kneeling down.

"Accalia needs her dad!" Cassandra weakly protested. "I need her dad..."

"Accalia needs to be happy. She shouldn't live her life in hiding, Cassie." Regulus' voice breaks against his will. All those years, learning to hide his emotions, was thrown away at the thought of leaving his fiancé and daughter.

"And you don't need me. You have never needed anybody."

"Wh-what if you don't come back?" She breaths out, looking into the stormy grey eyes that have a tint of white, that she has come to love.

"Then, you give this to Accalia." He reaches behind her and gives her an envelope that reads, 'My little Princess'.

She grabs the envelope before looking back at her fiancé.

"I love you, Regulus Black." She softly says.

"I love you, Cassandra Lupin." He brings her in for a long, heartfelt kiss. One that may be there last.

They pull away from the kiss and he picks up Accalia again, who was playing with her stuffed animals, all of which she has gotten from her uncles.

"I love you, my little princess. If you remember anything, remember that." Regulus told his daughter. "Take care of your mama for me. And make sure you give your Uncle Sirius hell." He smiles as she gives a small laugh.

"I love you, dada." She smiles at her dad, unaware this may be the last time she will see her dad.

Regulus allows one tear to fall, before kissing her on the forehead again, and holding her for a minute. He reluctantly gives his daughter to Cassandra. Gives his fiancée and daughter one more look, before walking out the bedroom door. Cassandra listens to hear the front door close after a few minutes. She allows her tears to fall.

"Mama?" Accalia's face turns to one of confusion. "Dada?"

Cassandra doesn't even bother wiping her tears as she sits down on the edge of her bed, standing Accalia on her thighs. "Dada is going on a trip for a while, my little princess."