𝐈𝐗

Chapter Nine:
𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐮𝐭

┌──────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────┘

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞.

─────𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲

𝗔𝗰𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗸𝗲 𝘂𝗽 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹 𝗪𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝗳𝗲𝘄 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿. She told everyone she was fine and that she was probably just tired. Her uncle didn't believe a single word that was coming out of her mouth. His sister was the same way.

When Cassandra's seer abilities first kicked in, she would keep it to herself and just tell everyone she was ill. No one knew nor understood what was going on till their 6th year. The other difference is she had their grandma who could help her understand and manage. Accalia was, essentially, on her own.

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days. The theories about how he had entered the castle became wilder and wilder; Hannah Abbott, from Hufflepuff, spent much of their next Herbology class telling anyone who'd listen that Black could turn into a flowering shrub.

People even—tried to—blame Accalia and say she and her aunt, Sirius Black's sister, were helping him into the castle. Those rumours were quickly shut down after a few pranks—thanks to Forge and Gred, and multiple jinx and hexes.

Professors searched the whole castle and couldn't even find a shred of evidence that Sirius Black was even in the castle except for the fat lady's portrait. They had no idea how he had even gotten past the dementors.

So, the Fat Lady's ripped canvas had been taken off the wall and replaced with the portrait of Sir Cadogan and his fat grey pony. Nobody was very happy about this. Sir Cadogan spent half his time challenging people to duels, and the rest thinking up ridiculously complicated passwords, which he changed at least twice a day.

"He's a complete lunatic," said Seamus Finnigan angrily to Percy. "Can't we get anyone else?"

"None of the other pictures wanted the job," said Percy. "Frightened of what happened to the Fat Lady. Sir Cadogan was the only one brave enough to volunteer."

Sir Cadogan, however, was the least of Accalia's worries. She's been drawing the grim almost daily. It scares Ron to death (ironic), and the voice in the back of her head that usually tells her when there is something dangerous, or someone is lying to her, etc, has gotten louder. Much to her complete annoyance. She's also been warned by Remus to 'not talk to any animals, especially any dogs'. He wouldn't tell her why, he just said not to. She was confused about why he would tell her that. Sure, she usually talks to other people's pets, except Scabbers, (she hates that rat) but there aren't any dogs at Hogwarts unless you count the boys.