Chapter 12: The Naughty Murkrow Thief! The Dunsparce Swarm! Brock is Sick?!

Today the gang were taking a nice break near a stream.

They were now heading for a city called Olivine City, where Luna could get her next badge.

Brock was setting up lunch, Misty was helping him, Tomo was playing with Pichu, Zorua, Growlithe and Togepi and Luna was polishing her gym badges.

Luna was becoming excited about her badges, she already had four and just needed another four to get into the Johto league.

"You certainly look happy when you're polishing your badges Lu." Misty said, who had been watching her.

"Of course I am Mist," Luna said, "after all I only do need four more badges to get into the league."

Misty couldn't argue with Luna there.

Just then Tomo saw something sticking out from a bush. It was some black feathers.

"Hey, what's that?" Tomo asked Luna.

Before Tomo's question could be answered, an avian Pokémon with black feathers. Its crooked, yellow beak and the three, feathery tufts on its head resemble a witch's nose and hat respectively. It has semi-circular, red eyes with white sclera and pupils and a spiky collar of feathers around its neck. The shaggy feathers on its tail resemble the end of a broom, and there is a thin, red band at the base of the tail. Its yellow feet have four toes, three facing forward and one backward, popped out of the bush.

"Murkrow." It said.

"That's a Murkrow." Brock said.

Murkrow, the Darkness Pokémon.

It appears near travellers to lure them into deep forests. It is said to carry misfortune.

"Uh oh, not good." Luna said gathered up her four badges.

"What are you doing Lu?" Misty asked.

"I've heard of Murkrow, they love shiny things and they steal them from people," Luna explained, "so I suggest you guys hide your shiny things, otherwise they'll get nicked by that Murkrow."

After hearing Luna's explanation, Misty and Brock started to gather up all the shiny things so that they wouldn't get stolen.

Except, one shiny was still lying about on the ground, it was one of Brock's little spoons.

The Murkrow saw it, picked it up in its beak and flew off with it.

"Hey give that back!" Brock shouted and he ran after it.

Luna, Misty and Tomo packed up all the rest of the stuff, before any more of them got lost.

"Brock sure is upset over a loss of a spoon." Misty said.

"Well don't forget Misty, Brock hates it when someone or something takes his things," Luna said, "besides you don't like it either when your stuff is taken right."

"You're actually right Lu, I don't." Misty sigh.

After picking up all the stuff, Luna, Tomo and Misty caught up with Brock.

Brock was now by a cliff and the Murkrow was standing at the top of it, with a big nest beside it. The gang noticed a lot of sparkles coming from the top of the cliff.

"That Murkrow must have taken things from other people as well." Misty said.

"Well I did say that Murkrow were the thieving type of flying Pokémon." Luna said.

Brock took out a PokéBall from his pocket. "I'm getting my spoon back." He said and sent out Golbat to retrieve the spoon from Murkrow.

Once Golbat flew to where Murkrow's nest was, Murkrow saw Golbat and started to pick a fight with him.