Chapter 17: The Whirl Cup Competition Begins!

After finally arriving at a place called Scarlet City, at Red Rock Isle, it wasn't long until the Whirl Cup Competition started.

There lots of posters and banners about; all telling about the Whirl Cup, and a lot of flags with the Whirl Cup symbol.

Luna and Misty had to register for the preliminary rounds, which were tomorrow; otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to enter the Whirl Cup.

They registered at the Pokémon Centre and Nurse Joy explained to them that they had to win two preliminary rounds to get into the Whirl Cup competition. She also gave them a map of where the several stadiums for the preliminary rounds were, and it also showed where the whirl cup competition will be.

Luna and Misty couldn't wait and promised to meet each other in the competition.

Brock was looking at the rule guide. "Listen to this," he said, "the rules say that if you lost one match, you will be out of the competition."

"That will not happen to us." Misty said,

"Yeah we will win our two battles no sweat," Luna said, "oh does it say about how many Pokémon we have to choose during the Whirl Cup?"

Brock looked at the rule book some more. "Well," he said, "it says in the first round of the Whirl Cup competition, you only use one water Pokémon, just like you do in the preliminaries. In the second and third round you use two water Pokémon. And then in the semi-final and final round you use three water Pokémon."

"Do the Pokémon you use have to be the same, through the whole competition?" Misty asked.

Brock looked at the book again. "No the challengers can choose whatever water Pokémon they want, as long as they have the amount of Pokémon they need to use in the challenges." He said.

"Hmm that's going to make it hard for me to make up my mind because I have more than I can count." Luna's water Pokémon were two Blastoise, two Squirtle, a Wartortle (Aoi who evolved not to long ago), Lumineon, two Gyarados, Vaporeon, S.Dewgong, Kingler, Milotic, Politoed, Golduck, Omastar, Kabutops, two Lapras, two Mantine, two Mantyke, Feraligatr, two Lanturn, two Azumarill, two Buizel, S.Corsola, two Octillery, a Horsea, a Seadra, two Kingdra, two Chinchou and two Marill. Even though Omastar and Kabutops were also rock type; they still counted as water type.

"How are you going to choose Luna?" Tomo asked.

"Well I'll use Aoi and Lanturn for the preliminaries match." Luna answered.

Luna thought that now would be the good idea for her to train her newly water Pokémon.

"I like that idea," said Misty "and I will train my Corsola for a bit as well."

The gang went into the Pokémon Centre for a bit.

Misty asked Luna if she could burrow her king's rock for a bit.

"Are you going to evolve your two Poliwhirls into Politoeds now?" Luna asked.

"Yes, it is time now," Misty said, "question is though, who should I mock trade with to get my Poliwhirls to evolve?"

Just then a boy, at Misty's age, came up to Misty and said that he would mock trade with her.

The boy's name was Luke and he wanted to evolve his Seadra into a Kingdra and his Poliwhirl into a Politoed.

Misty agreed and so she and Luke headed over two the trading machine.

Luna, Tomo and Brock headed over too, because they wanted to watch the trading.

Misty placed both her king's rock and Luna's king's rock onto her two Poliwhirls.

Luke's Poliwhirl had a king's rock too and his Seadra was holding a dragon scale.