Chapter 5: The Pond, Houndour and Pokémon Swap Meet!

Today it was Misty's twelve birthday and the gang were having a picnic to celebrate Misty's twelfth birthday.

Last year on her eleventh birthday they celebrated it on the beach near Pallet Town.

"I thank you Luna, Tomo and Brock for this wonderful picnic." Misty smiled who was enjoying it.

"No problem Misty." Brock said.

"Yeah, besides special days like birthdays deserve special treats like picnics." Luna said happily.

Brock had made Misty a cake; a sponge cake, with strawberries and cream in the middle, and had decorations of a Goldeen and Psyduck on it.

Misty also got presents from them all.

Luna got her a book which showed all the water Pokémon in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova.

Tomo got her a Totodile doll and Brock got Misty a white jacket that had a picture of Cascade Badge on it.

Misty was grateful and thanked the boys with all her heart.

"Hey Mist," Luna said, "did Rudy wish you a happy birthday too?"

"Yes he did Lu," Misty replied, "he and his sister Mahri sent me a new fishing rod for a present." Misty's new fishing rod was a super rod, with a blue handle.

"Wow Mist. Are you going to use it later?" She asked.

"Yes actually Lu," Misty said, "in fact I want to use it now on that pond over there." There was a big pond not far from where the gang was sitting. "I wish to catch myself some new Johto water Pokémon."

So Misty ran off to the pond, leaving Luna, Tomo and Brock to tidy up.

As soon as Misty reached the pond, she put a lure on her new rod and tossed the line into the pond. Misty waited and waited for a water Pokémon to bite onto her lure.

"Any luck yet Mist?" Luna whispered.

Luna had to keep quiet whenever someone was fishing, otherwise the water Pokémon would get scared and swim away.

"No nothing yet," whispered Misty, "you can't expect something to bite your line right away."

Just then Misty's line began to jerk in the water. "Oh I got a bite." She exclaimed.

Misty carefully wound up her fishing line, trying not to break the line.

"Need any help Mist?" Luna asked holding Zorua.

"No thanks Lu," Misty replied, "I've got this."

Misty wound up her fishing line some more, until at last she hooked out what it was that she captured.

But when she, Luna and Zorua saw it, they were in a shock.

What had hooked onto Misty's line were two Woopers and three Marills (one Marill was clutching onto her rod and the other Pokémon were clutching onto each other's tails) and they were all hurt.

"Oh my goodness," Misty gasped, "what on earth happened to them?"

"I don't know," Luna said, "but we better get them to Brock at once."

Luna picked up the two Woopers, Misty picked up the three Marills and they all ran back to where Brock and Tomo were.

When Brock saw the five injured Pokémon, he got out his Pokémon medical kit at once. He sprayed potions onto them and wrapped them up in bandages.

"Did you see how these five Pokémon got hurt?" Brock asked Luna and Misty.

"No we didn't," said Misty, "they were already hurt when I hooked them. And I don't think my rod had anything to do with the injuries."