Chapter 23: The Lost Piloswine! Mahogany Gym!

After the trouble at Lake of Rage had been cleared and Luna capturing another shiny Gyarados, the gang had arrived at Mahogany Town.

They spent the night at the Pokémon Centre and had all of their Pokémon healed and now Luna was looking up the Mahogany Gym in the guide book.

"What does it say Lu?" Misty asked.

"Well according to the book, the gym leader is a man named Pryce," Luna answered, "and that he uses ice type Pokémon. It also says that Pryce is as cold as ice."

"What does that mean?" Tomo asked.

Brock explained that it was a saying to say that Pryce had a cold personality.

"I hope that Pryce will be nice enough to let me battle him." Luna said.

"Who will you be using?" Misty asked.

"That's easy, I'll be using Blaze (Charmeleon. Charmander evolve a while back), Scizor and Hitmontop because fire, steel and fighting types beat ice type Pokémon." Luna replied.

"Knowing what to do as usual." Misty smiled.

When everything was ready, the gang headed to Mahogany Gym.

The Mahogany Gym looked like one of those ice skating rink buildings.

When the gang got there, they realised that the gym leader wasn't there.

An elderly woman came up to the gang. "Hello there," she greeted, "I'm Sheila, Pryce's wife. Are you here for a gym battle?"

"Yes ma'am we are," Luna said, "do you know where Pryce is?"

"Pryce will be up at the mountains, meditating underneath a waterfall," Sheila said, "he does that every morning."

"Oh really?" Luna said, "do you think you can lead us to him please? I wish to challenge him for a gym badge."

"Certainly." Sheila said. So Sheila showed the gang the way to where Pryce was.

Apparently, Sheila was very full of energy and athletic for an elderly woman. She had no trouble at all of walking up the mountain and climbing over rocks.

They soon found an old man meditating under a waterfall; he was Pryce.

"Hey Pryce, you have a challenger." Sheila said.

Luna introduced herself to Pryce and asked him for a gym battle.

Pryce stopped meditating and noticed Pichu and red and black fox Pokémon on Luna's shoulder and he also noticed Growlithe next to Tomo.

"Why are those three Pokémon not in their PokéBalls?" Pryce asked sternly.

"It's because Pichu and Zorua are my partner," Luna said simply, "and Growlithe is Tomo's partner. And they are also our best friends. Plus Pichu hates PokéBalls like Pikachu."

Pichu nodded, she hates being inside those things and for Zorua likes to be out of the PokéBalls.

"Humph, having a battle with you will be pointless." Pryce said.

Luna twitch, "Excuse me? Why?" She asked, who couldn't believe what Pryce said.

"Humans and Pokémon being best friends is ridiculous," Pryce said coldly, "being all emotionally with your Pokémon is not going to make you a great Pokémon trainer."

Luna thought that Pryce was being rude and going over the line, it reminds her of all the incident of Team Rockets said about Pokémon, she was about to speak up.

But then Tomo spoke up first. "The one who's ridiculous here is you," he said at Pryce, "Growlithe and I have been friends for a few years, and we have grown strong together because of our friendship."