Chapter 6: Noctowl, Savage Skarmory and Len Town

The gang were now walking through a forest.

The forest was so thick that it looked dark, even though it was still the middle of the day.

Just then Pichu and Zorua noticed something in the tree.

It was some sort of bird house.

"Do you think someone built that for some flying Pokémon?" Misty asked.

"Could have," said Brock, "but it only looks the right size for Pidgey and Hoothoot."

Suddenly an owl with brown plumage and has a darker brown triangle pattern of feathers running down its chest. Its wings and wedge-shaped tail are dark brown, while the underside of its wings is light brown. It has bushy, cream-colored feather 'horns' that look similar to a trident or eyebrows. The ring pattern around its eyes and its talons are cream colored, and Noctowl's beak and talons are light pink.

"It's a Noctowl." He said.

Noctowl, the Owl Pokémon.
The evolved form of Hoothoot. Its eyes are specially developed to enable it to see clearly even in murky darkness and minimal light. This highly intelligent Pokémon often twists its head 180 degrees when it is thinking.

"How funny," Luna said, "I mean Hoothoot and Noctowl are nocturnal Pokémon, and it's not night time yet. But then again this forest does look like it is night time now." Suddenly a branch moved and scared the Noctowl away. "Did you guys see that branch move?" She asked.

"I certainly did," said Misty, "what's going on?"

"Hey look there." Tomo said.

Another Noctowl appeared, but it was smaller than the last Noctowl and also a different colour.

Instead of being coloured light brown and dark brown, this Noctowl was orange and beige coloured, with black triangles.

"That Noctowl is a shiny Pokémon." Luna said.

"I found you at last Noctowl," He said, "now I will catch you. Come on out Mareep." The man released a Mareep from a PokéBall but this Mareep was different; it had pink wool instead of normal white wool.

"Oh, that Mareep is shiny too." Luna said.

"Okay Mareep use thundershock on Noctowl." The man said. Mareep sent a shock of electricity at Noctowl, but Noctowl flew off the branch to dodge it. Then Noctowl stared at Mareep, then its eyes glowed red and then Noctowl's eyes released some red circles, which began to expand, at Mareep. "Oh no Noctowl just used hypnosis." He said. The Mareep got drowsy and was confused of what it was doing.

"Hypnosis is a very tricky move," said Brock, "and Noctowl's hypnosis has made Mareep confused."

"But I thought hypnosis puts their opponents to sleep." Luna said confused.

"It does, but it can do other things too like make opponents confused or in a trance, so you have to be careful." Brock explained.

While Mareep was still in a confused state, Noctowl flew away. "Oh I failed again!" The man whined and he returned Mareep.

The gang walked up to the man. "Are you okay sir?" Misty asked.

"Yeah I'm good," the man replied, "it's just trying to catch that shiny Noctowl is tricky. I'm Dr Wiseman by the way." The gang introduced themselves.

"I noticed that your Mareep was a shiny Pokémon." Luna said.

"Oh so you've heard of shiny Pokémon Luna?" Dr Wiseman asked.

"Yes I have," Luna replied, "I have some Shiny Pokémon as well."

"Oh, you do." Dr Wiseman said, "Lucky you. You see I catch shiny Pokémon."