Chapter 19: Tomo 10th Birthday! The Aircraft? Back to Olivine Gym!

Today the gang were in Transit Town after that accident, something happen to Luna.

The gang were not taking a ferry back to Olivine City yet.

It was because today was a special day, it was Tomo's tenth birthday, so today the gang were taking a day off to celebrate Tomo's birthday.

Tomo was happy to be ten years old at last, it meant he could truly be a Pokémon trainer, like his sister Luna.

That morning, Tomo was playing with Pichu, Zorua, Growlithe and Togepi in the gardens of the Pokémon Centre, while the gang were setting up a birthday tea in the Pokémon Centre.

Luna thanked Nurse Joy for letting them celebrate Tomo's birthday in the Pokémon Centre.

"No problem at all," Nurse Joy said, "lots of birthday treats have been held here at the Pokémon Centre in the past."

Luna smiled, "Oh Nurse Joy is the special present for Tomo ready as well?" She asked.

Nurse Joy smiled, "Yes, everything is all ready for Tomo." She said.

Luna had a special present organised for Tomo.

Misty and Brock knew about the special present too, and they couldn't wait to see Tomo's face once he knew what it was.

By lunch time, Tomo and the gang were now enjoying Tomo's birthday tea.

There were lots of sandwiches, cakes, ice cream, and orange soda and there was also a birthday cake.

The birthday cake had a picture of a Growlithe on it.

Luna, Misty and Brock wished Tomo a happy tenth birthday, and Tomo was happy.

Julia phoned the Pokémon Centre and wished Tomo a happy birthday too and so did Professor Oak.

After finishing the birthday tea, it was now time for Tomo to open his birthday presents.

Luna got Tomo a plush toy of an Arcanine and a necklace that has a Gowlithe and Arcanine on it.

Misty got Tomo a headband, which had pictures of flames on it.

Brock got Tomo a yellow t-shirt, which had a picture of a Teddiursa on it.

Tomo thanked Luna, Misty and Brock, because he loved the presents a lot.

Julia sent Tomo a jacket, which had a picture of a Gowlithe and a hat of a Gowlithe on it has well.

From Professor Oak, Tomo got his own PokéDex.

Tomo was thrilled for having his own PokéDex.

Then it was time for Tomo's special birthday present. Nurse Joy came up to the gang, with a tray that was carrying six PokéBalls.

"What are these PokéBalls for?" Tomo asked.

Luna smiled, "This Tomo," she answered, "is your special tenth birthday present. These six PokéBalls contain the three starter Pokémon of Kanto and the three starter Pokémon of Johto. For your special present, you get to choose one of the starter Pokémon of Kanto and one of the starter Pokémon of Johto."

"You mean I will have my own starter Pokémon?" Tomo asked in disblief, "Really?"

"Yes that's correct." Luna said.

Tomo beamed with happiness.

"Okay Tomo, what's your choice?" Nurse Joy asked.

"I've always wanted a Charmander and a Totodile." Tomo replied happily.