Chapter 25: Larvitar. The Unown? The Pokémon Reserve.

While the gang were on their way to New Bark Town, where Luna could find out about the Silver Conference, they got a message from Professor Elm.

Professor Elm had asked the gang to pick up a Pokémon egg from a woman named Naomi, who was the director of a Marine Pokémon laboratory.

The Marine Pokémon Laboratory was a lab where Naomi studied water Pokémon.

As soon as the gang made it to the lab, Naomi handed the Pokémon egg over to the gang at once, it was a green Pokémon egg.

Naomi explained to the gang that the egg was from a Pokémon preserve area, but it was stolen from poaches. She also explained that the egg somehow got away from the poachers and it was found and brought it to her lab, and then she phoned Professor Elm to care for it.

So the gang had the job of delivering the egg to Professor Elm.

Now the gang were on the road to New Bark Town, and they were now having lunch.

Luna, who had been taking care of the egg all this time, was stroking the egg gently with her hands.

"You know," Luna said to the others "I'm feeling alot of fear inside this egg. It's like the baby Pokémon doesn't want to come out of the egg."

"But why though?" Misty said, "I mean I'm sure that all baby Pokémon can't wait to hatch out of their eggs."

"Well this egg was stolen by poachers," Brock said, "so this egg must have gone through something really bad, which would explain why the baby Pokémon doesn't want to come out."

"I hope the egg does hatch soon," Tomo said, "I'd like to see what Pokémon is inside the egg."

"So do I." Luna said and she continued to rub the egg gently.

Suddenly the egg started to glow.

"Hey it's going to hatch." Tomo said excitedly.

The gang watched, excitedly, as the egg continued to glow brightly, and then the egg hatched.

The Pokémon was a small, green reptilian Pokémon with rocky skin. It has a blunt spike on top of its head, a short, rounded snout, and triangular, black markings below and on the upper corners of its red eyes. Red scales cover its diamond-shaped belly, and there are several small holes in its body. Its short arms lack fingers, while its feet have a single toenail each. It has a tail with a conical center surrounded by a ring of plate-like scales, causing it to resemble a tunnel-boring machine.

"Lar." It said quietly.

"It's a Larvitar." Brock said.

Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokémon.
It feeds on soil. After it has eaten a large mountain, it falls asleep so it can grow.

Luna placed a hand on Larvitar to stroke it, but she took it off again quick, "Larvitar is freezing." She said.

Brock touched Larvitar next, "You're right Luna," he said, "this body temperature is way too low for a rock Pokémon. We need to get it to the Pokémon Centre and quick." He looked through the guide to see if there was a Pokémon Centre nearby and the good news there was.

So they wrapped Larvitar in a blanket and ran to the Pokémon Centre at once.

At the Pokémon Centre, Nurse Joy checked Larvitar all over at once. But she couldn't find anything wrong with it, so she decided to call Professor Elm for help at once.

Unfortunately Professor Elm was not at home, so she just sent an email to him. All she could now was to keep Larvitar warm, she wrapped it up in another blanket and put an electric heater on.