Chapter 24: The Dragon's Den! Blackthorn Gym! Wynaut?

Luna and the gang were on the way to Blackthorn City, where Luna could earn her last gym badge for the Johto League.

Along the way they had run into some adventures.

First they ran into a fire Pokémon trainer named Egan, who loved fire Pokémon very much, and he had a Flareon and a Magcargo.

Next they came across a mysterious lake that electric Pokémon always gathered to, and in the process they met a wild Zapdos and the gang swore to never tell anyone about this.

And last of all they encountered the icy path, which was a very long icy cave filled with lots ice Pokémon.

But now they were getting near to Blackthorn City.

Just then they saw a Dratini sleeping on the ground next to a lake.

"Hey what is it doing there all by itself?" Luna asked.

Just then a Gyarados popped out of the lake and fired a hydro pump attack at them, but Zorua use shadow ball to counter it.

"Hey what did you do that for?" Luna asked.

A blue haired woman came up and answered Luna's question, "I apologize for that, my Gyarados protects my Dratini whenever there are strangers about." She said and returned Gyarados to its PokéBall.

Luna understood, she told Zorua and Pichu its okay and introduced herself to the woman.

Tomo, Misty and Brock introduced themselves as well.

The woman introduced herself as Claire, the gym leader of the gym in Blackthorn City.

When Luna heard that Clair was the gym leader, she asked if she could challenge her to a gym battle.

"I gladly accept your challenge Luna," Claire said, "but I have to perform an important ritual today, before I can accept any gym challengers first."

"What important ritual is that?" Brock asked curiously.

"I can answer that question." A voice said behind them.

The voice belonged to an old man and he was carrying a green rucksack on his back.

"My name is Kaburagi," the man introduced, "and I'm Claire's assistant at the gym."

Kaburagi explained that Claire had to take the old dragon fang to the dragon's den. He showed them a very old dragon fang from his rucksack.

"Hey, I read one time that a dragon fang can power up dragon type moves." Luna said.

"That is correct," Kaburagi said, "and this old dragon fang is a priceless treasure to the Blackthorn Gym." He explained that the old dragon fang had been in the Blackthorn Gym ever since the first gym leader. "It's a tradition that the gym leader of Blackthorn Gym takes this old dragon fang to the shrine that's in the dragon's den, and perform a special ritual in there."

The gang was fascinated by this.

Just then Luna asked Claire if they could watch the ritual.

"Yeah could we?" Misty asked, "It sounds exciting to watch."

Claire and Kaburagi saw nothing wrong with that and allowed the gang to join them.

So Claire and Kaburagi led the gang the way to the dragon's den.

The dragon's den was located just outside Blackthorn City.

Along the way Claire revealed that Lance the champion was her cousin, what made the gang very surprised indeed.