Chapter 15: Whirl Islands Adventures Start!

The gang were still on the ferry, on the way to the Whirl Islands.

Luna was excited, because going to the Whirl Islands was a new adventure.

Misty was excited because she couldn't wait to catch any water Pokémon in the Whirl Islands, right now she was looking through the water Pokémon book Luna gave her for her birthday. "I can't wait to see all the water Pokémon at the Whirl Islands," she said, "I wonder which one I'll capture first."

Suddenly Brock noticed something in the ocean; there were lots of whirlpools around.

"I hope we'll be okay." Brock said nervously.

Tomo felt scared and held onto Luna.

The ferry managed to avoid the whirlpools, while still sailing.

Suddenly the boat gave a sudden jolt. "I don't like this." Misty said holding onto Togepi.

Tomo returned Growlithe to his PokéBall just in case.

The gang all held onto the rails of the boat very tight, so that they wouldn't fall overboard, but then the boat suddenly tipped sideways.

What was happening was that the boat was having trouble with one of the whirlpools.

Suddenly the gang fell overboard and into the sea.

"Is everyone okay?" Brock asked.

"Yes but look." Misty said.

The ferry was moving away from where they were.

There was even more bad news; the gang was getting swept by the current of the whirlpool.]

Misty sent out Seaking and her two Poliwhirls and Luna sent out her Croconaw. Even if Seaking, the Poliwhirls and Croconaw were strong swimmers, the current was stronger.

It looked like the gang would be sucked into the whirlpool any second.

Suddenly something happened; the current of the whirlpool changed direction, and the gang was no longer in danger.

"What happened?" Brock asked.

Just then Luna heard a screech from under the ocean, and then the gang saw a big shadow swimming under them.

7"What was that?" Tomo asked.

"That was a Lugia." Luna gasped.

"Are you sure Lu?" Misty asked.

"Definitely Misty," Luna answered, "I recognize that shadow and the sound it made, from Arashi and the Lugia we met before."

Suddenly Brock noticed that something was heading their way really fast.

The gang braced themselves, in case it was something dangerous.

The thing turned out to be a small, pink, roundish Pokémon with branch-like growths on its back, which are similar to coral. There is a smaller, blunt horn on its forehead, and it has black, oval eyes. It has a white underside, which speckles towards the sides. Its four legs and two arms are blunt and stubby.

"It's a Corsola." Misty said.

Then the gang were grabbed by some tentacles of a Tentacruel, and the Tentacruel took them away from the whirlpools.

"I wonder where this Tentacruel is taking us." Luna said.

Misty was enjoying the ride because she loved Tentacruel.

The Corsola and Tentacruel brought the gang to a boat, and to the gang's surprise Professor Elm was on the boat.

Professor Elm was surprised to see Luna, Tomo, Misty and Brock, because he hadn't seen them for a long time.