Our home was currently being built 20 minutes away from the Fernandez home. It has 5 bed rooms, 4 bathrooms and the most amazing view of the sea. I had no doubt Santiago would be able to get this done on time.

The smell of dinner wafting into my room was enough to get me out of my thought bubble and down the stairs. Senorita Fernandez, or Maria as she asked me to call her was in the kitchen chopping up vegetables as she hummed a catchy tune.

Her face lit up as soon as she saw me walk into the kitchen. "Amelia darling, please come sit down. Would you like something to drink?" she asked as she pulled out a chair.

"Maria don't fuss over me, I came to see if you needed any help." I said, looking around the kitchen to see if there was anything I could nibble on right away.

"I know what you came for, here take some of this." A huge smile found it's way onto my face as Maria passed me a small plate of chicken and potato's. I said a quick thank you before tucking straight in, finishing the plate in 15 seconds flat.

"Did José go with Santiago? He's been gone for a while now, how long does it take to pick up prawns?" I asked. Santiago had been gone for around 2 hours and I was starting to get agitated. One pregnancy symptom I wasn't aware of was how needy I had became, I wanted to be with Santiago every minute of every day. Between the house being built and my daily power naps, I wasn't getting enough of my man as I wanted.

"They'll be back soon Amelia, why don't you help me with the cake to pass the time?"

It wasn't until 15 minutes into preparing cake batter that I heard Santiago's car pull up outside. I could feel my heart quicken at the thought of seeing him. I wonder if that feeling will ever go away? I tried to hold back the eye roll as I heard them taking their sweet time getting out the car.

Maria was looking over at me with a knowing smile on her face as I tapped the mixing bowl in excitement. It was my first Christmas with Santiago and I was excited to get the day going. I wanted to give him his presents, and of course I wanted to see what he had gotten me as well.

My mind was so deep in thinking over my possible Christmas presents that it took me a moment to realise the front door had opened and in walked a head of red hair. My mouth almost fell to the floor as I watched my mom walk inside the house with the biggest grin on her face.

"Mom?" was the only word I managed to mutter before the water works started. I dumped the mixing bowl in the sink and waddled over to my mom, crying on her shoulder as she embraced me in a hug. It was only a minute later when I felt more hands wrap around me. I peaked my head up to see my Dad had joined in on the hug, along with Nikolai and Nixon.

"What are you all doing here?" I finally asked as we detached ourselves from the embrace.

"You didn't think we'd let you spend Christmas without us did you? It's our favourite holiday." Mom said, wiping the tears from her face.

"I can't believe you're all here."

"I can't believe how big you are, damn Amelia."

I ignored Nixon's comment and laughed as my dad slapped him on the back of his head.

"Ignore him Princess, you're glowing. I can't believe my grandbabies are almost here." Dad had came leaps and bounds for his excitement about the pregnancy. As much as I know he's still coming to terms with who the father is, he's still excited for the new additions to the family.

Speaking of Papi.

Finally Santiago walked through the front door, I didn't miss the way his eyes did a quick scan of the room before landing on me. He had this new thing where he would look into my eyes, then down to my baby bump then back to my eyes with the warmest expression on his face, full of nothing but love.