54

3 weeks after being discharged from hospital with two fractured ribs and a sprained wrist, Amelia found herself living in the penthouse suite of the Miami Plaza.

Amelia was sat in the lounge of her penthouse looking around, taking in the fact she was surrounded by her belongings. Most of her possessions were either going to the girls at Happy Days, or into storage. Everything else that she needed was going with her on the big move.

Amelia was finishing up the second month of her pregnancy and after the traumatic experience with Sam, she had decided to take life extremely slow to ensure the health and safety of the twins.

Getting pregnant was never Amelia's plan, especially so young in life. As she sat alone on her sofa, she was still mulling over the idea that not only was she pregnant, but she was also expected to give birth to twins. Double the panic, double the finances, double the room but most importantly double the love.

Amelia was sat silently cradling her non-existent baby bump when the door to the penthouse rang.

To say Amelia was nervous to see her guest was an understatement. The only person besides her family that Amelia had spoke to since her ordeal was Elijah. Elijah was beyond angry and frustrated at Sam, it wasn't until Amelia had promised her father had taken good care of Sam that Eli decided to calm down.

Elijah made it a point to visit Amelia every other day to ensure she had everything she needed, not that she needed around the clock care, but she was grateful for his presence in her life. Especially since soon she wouldn't be able to see him as often as she would like.

Seeing Elijah made the absence of certain family members easier for Amelia these past 3 weeks.

Amelia took a deep breath as she opened the front door, a small smile on her face when she saw Lucy. Much like herself Lucy looked nervous to be stood in front of Amelia. This was the first time the two of them had saw each other since the incident with Sam. Previous communications only being a text to arrange this meet up.

After moments silence passed by Amelia watched as Lucy's eyes teared up in front of her. "I'm so sorry Amelia." Lucy said before a fountain of tears released from her eyes. The reaction was a shock to Amelia as she ushered Lucy into the living room, locking the door behind them.

In less than a minute Amelia had a cup of tea in front of Lucy as she calmed her down.

"I'm so sorry Amelia, I shouldn't even be the one crying. I told myself I was supposed to come here to apologise and absorb any abuse you want to throw my way." Lucy used a tissue to wipe the tears from her face as she took a few deep breaths. "Seeing you today just makes me feel so guilty Amelia. I swear to you I had no idea what Sam was doing or planning, I feel like such a fool."

Amelia gave Lucy a sympathetic smile as she rubbed her back to sooth her.

"Lucy, you know you don't have to apologise. I don't think anyone knew what Sam was thinking. Except that Daisy girl you told me about." Amelia's voice was slightly shaky as she thought back over to her time in Sam's apartment.

Lucy shot Amelia a confused look, her eyes almost falling out her head as she listened to Amelia recall how Daisy came to Sam's house and ended up dead.

"He's a monster, I can't believe I ever believed he really loved me." Lucy said solemnly.

"Lucy, he was a pathological liar it's not your fault you believed all the shit he was saying to you. Listen, I want to apologise-"

"What? You have nothing to apologise for Amelia." Lucy exclaimed.

"I-I just want to say sorry that Sam wasn't who he said he was. I'm sorry that it ended up the way it did, I know you really liked him and I can't help but feel I came in the way." Amelia said sadly. She could already feel herself beginning to cry, pregnancy hormones taking full effect.

I Want Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें