Chapter 30

SLAP! Octavia slapped her mother real hard till there was a black bruise on the side. This shocked Stella to the core. Her daughter, her very own blood, slapped her with such force. As Stella was about to speak, she sees tears coming down her daughter's face.

"I can't believe you would even say that!" Octavia said. "All I wanted is for our family to get back together. And now? Now it's fallen apart beyond repair!"

"Blame the damn Imp!" Stella protested. "He's the reason I hate your father now!"

"No. You're the reason."

"I beg your pardon!"

Octavia sniffed. "You never seem to care. Always demanding. Never come to me when I'm upset. Pushed dad aside. All for what?"

"Octavia Goetia. You need to understand. We have a reputation to uphold. Soon, you'll be the next overlord."

"Maybe I don't want to be!" Octavia stated, bringing shock to Stella. Octavia then ran out the window as her arms turned into giant wings and flew away while ignoring Stella screaming. On her way to the hotel, Octavia was crying. Her family is now broken apart. Her chance for her mother and father to be together is gone. Gone forever. At this point, there was one thing she can do.

* * *

Moxxie and Millie were in the same room guarding Striker who is restrained. While they were keeping watch, Striker was preparing his escape to complete his task. What the others did not know is that he was cutting the rope with his tail end slowly. It took a lot of time, but he was close to being free. He just needed a diversion. He then looks at Moxxie and remembered all the embarrassments he had at the rodeo. This was perfect, because he was so close now and he needed a gun.

"Moxxie." Striker spoke. "How does it feel to be used around by the likes of him? Does it make you feel good? Knowing that you can't do well in other tasks?"

Moxxie turned to him with an agitating look, but kept his cool. "For your information," He said, "I'm an assassin. Working with a group of assassins."

"Please. I can do better."

"Don't listen to him." Millie told Moxxie. "He's trying to get to you."

"I'm just saying the truth." Striker chuckled. "After all, I heard you can't put a bun in the oven."

The two Imps were in shock. Millie looked at Striker with anger. "Is one of your best talents is being a stalker?"

"No no no." Striker said. "I'm not that kind of man. But after that archer friend of your took me down, I had to stay in the shadows to learn a lot from him. And after you and him over there talked, I busted out laughing."

Moxxie took it as an insult. "You motherfucker!"

Striker stopped. "Face it Moxxie. If I was the husband to her, I'd be giving her actual children. After all, I do treat a lady really well."

The two finally had enough of Striker. But just when they were about to say another work, the ropes fell and Striker got up quickly and broke Millie's leg and knocked Moxxie unconscious by headbutting him hard. "Just like before, I win." He grinned as he picked up the weapon and crushed their phones so that they won't call for help. He then proceeded to kill Stolas, leaving Moxxie and Millie in the room.

As soon as he turned the corridor, Vaggie was there with a tray of food for the two Imps. The moment she saw Striker, she drooped the tray and got her spear. And just in time too as Striker charged at her with the ax he took from Millie and swinged it at her, only for her to block it.