Chapter 14

I felt so groggy. I was struggling to get back up, but I felt resistance. Whatever that tranquilizer dart had in it was powerful. Whoever shot us was an expert in accuracy. But right now, I am more worried about Loona and Octavia. Are they ok? Are they hurt? I tried so hard to get up. While I was struggling, I suddenly heard a voice from the distance.

"Hello Prince Stolas. I'm calling to let you know, I have your daughter, and her friends. Now don't worry. They're not hurt...yet.......what do I want? Hehehe. Simple: come to the mountain cavern, alone. No magic. No trick. No funny business. If you want to see them again, you better follow my instructions. If not, I'll kill them. And trust me...I'm a man of my word. You have 3 hours to get here."

What? Who is this guy? Why does he want to kill Stolas? I tried to open my eyes to see. Finally. The effects of the tranquilizer is wearing off. I was finally able to see who or what he is.

It's a fairly tall Imp Demon who seems to possess a dragonic/lizard like face with a gold tooth in his mouth. He has faded red skin, bright yellow eyes, a small black mustache, white hair with a pair of horns striped black and white. He also appears like a cowboy with a straw of wheat in his mouth. And one thing I did notice is that he was carrying a strange pistol with white markings on it. Just looking at it reminds me of the Exterminators.

As soon as I woke up completely, I felt resistance on my hands, legs, and arms. I saw that he rope tied me and the girls. I tried to break free. But that caught this guy's attention. He walked up toward me and kneeled to my level.

"Well well well. Seems you're the first one awake." He said with a smirk. "I gotta say, I thought the Demon Archer would be an actual demon. But I was wrong."

I just stared at him. "Who are you?"

"Oh. Sorry about that. Just caught up that I forgot to tell my name." He then took the Wheat straw out and light up his cigarette. "You can call me, Striker. An assassin hired to kill Stolas."

"Wha..." I was shocked. "Why?"

Striker just chuckled. "It's just business, my friend. Someone wants him dead. That client paid me to get the job down. I gotta follow my motto. And besides," He threw his smoke down and crushed it with his feet, "I'm trying to help out my fellow demons."

"For what?"

"To show that my kind is superior than those overlords. Especially that disgusting, rich, pompous Goetia." Striker tilted his hat up a bit. "Bogumierz, was it?"

I didn't respond. I was too angry to even answer. He took it as a yes and continued. "Listen, Bogumierz. As a sharp shooter, I can respect you. But your skills are wasted on what? Rehabilitation? Redemption? It's all a joke. Hell is our own little paradise because we can sin as much as we want without guilt. Why struggle to run a business that is hopeless beyond words, when you can partner up with me and kill the unkillable?"

I scoffed. "Fuck off. Redemption is possible. I live up to my work to work hard for them."

Striker only smiled. "I respect that of a man. But I am dissapointed." He got up and pulled out his gun. That weapon scares me because it's a holy weapon, capable of killing demons permanently. In which case, it could kill Loona, Octavia and Stolas.

"Where did you get that?" I demanded.

"This little beauty?" He showed his gun. "A little gift I received from a dear friend. Though it is a shame that you would rather use a bow and arrow. No matter." He turns. "I'm sorry we couldn't have our little shooting challenge to see who was better. But at least I got paid when I'm done." He chuckled as he went outside.