Chapter 13

Everything froze. My brain was trying to process what Octavia just said to me. For a minute, I thought she said she's in love with me. I thought she was just joking, or maybe she's mistaking me for someone else. But who? There's no other human down here except me. Was she serious?

"uh....I'm sorry. Can you repeat that?" I asked.

Octavia looked up to me. "You heard me...I...I'm in love with you."

After a few seconds, time resume. "WHAT!?!" I screamed. "Octavia! This has to be a-"

"I'm serious!!" She shouted back. She then looked down. "It...It happened ever since I turned 18."

I didn't say anything. I was speechless. Octavia the looked up. She was blushing and took a deep breath before she explained.

"I...I had that dream where you and I were in bed during my last night as a 17 year old Demon. And...I caught you and Loona...doing it."

"Wait. You were eavesdropping?"

"I'm sorry! I didn't know what was going on. After that, I had another dream about us. And...well...I just can't stop it. I developed feelings for you. Oh god you must think I'm crazy."

"No." I said. "I think you're just confused."

"No I'm not!" Octavia snapped back. She looked down in shame after that. "I'm sorry. I tried to ignore it. Truly I did. But...I can't get it out of me. Bogumierz. I...I want to-"

I stopped her. I took a deep breath and looked straight into her eyes. "Octavia. You're not suggesting I dump Loona and be with you. Right?"

"I would never do that to her! She's like my sister! But Bogumierz, what can I do? I'm in love with you!"

"Octavia. I'm sorry. I know you like me, a lot. But I can't. You know I love Loona."

Octavia looked hurt. She tried to control her emotions. I place my hand on her shoulder.

"Octavia. There is someone out there for you to love. I don't know who, or when, but that person is out there. It's not me. I'm sorry you feel that way, but what would Loona say if she found out I was cheating on her with you?"

Octavia shook her head. "Can't we talk to her? Try to make it work?"

"We can't be together. I'm sorry. My heart belong to Loona."

"But...but..."

"I'm sorry. It just can't happen. I don't want to hurt you, but I can't be your lover. Only a friend."

Octavia couldn't find anymore words to say. She looked down to hide her sadness. Her heart was in pain, as if someone took it and threw it on the ground, breaking it into thousands of pieces. I felt like an asshole for making her sad like that. But I can't love her. I just can't. I hugged her to help make her feel better, but she pushed me away and ran back to her home. I wanted to stop her, but I decided to let her be on her own. Plus, I was 1 minute away from being late. I hope she's dealing it well.

* * *

Octavia slammed her bedroom door shut, not caring if anyone heard it. She landed her head on her pillow, crying her eyes out. She wanted to love me, but after being rejected, she was deeply upset. She took her hat off and threw it at the wall in anger and sadness.

"It's not fucking fair!" She sobbed. "I found someone I love, but I can't have him! God fucking dammit!" She wailed loudly.

She didn't want to admit it, but deep down she knew I was right: If I dated her, Loona would be devastated. After she ran away after finding Vortex was getting married and everyone wasn't there for her, Loona ran away and met me. After we fought against Teviel and Hector, Me and Loona became lovers. Loona and Octavia were like sisters. Having fun together. Telling each other their trouble. But She can't tell Loona she loved me. This would cause a fight.