Life as we know it

Start from the beginning

——————————
It was 6:38am when I woke up. I freshened up and got most of my things ready for school.

The kitchen was the first place I visited as soon as I was done, just to go check up on Stella because I knew she would be in there.

"No,No,No." I took the pan off my her hands. "You have a bruised palm and still trying to make pancakes?" I dropped the pan on the stove and dragged her to sit on one of stools.

"Why are you up so early? Teens your age need sleep." She said getting back up.

"I'm here to help you prepare breakfast and pack lunch for the kids." I flipped on some of the pancakes.

"You don't have to do that dear. I can do it myself." She helped bring out plates as I swiftly laid the cakes on them and she topped it off with honey and whipped cream.

Stella spread mayo across the bread slices putting in cheese and ham and passed it on to me to cut out the slices.
"We make a team, you and I." I said to her with a smile.

"We do, don't we?" She replied. 

"Mommy, mommy, mommy!!" Brittany- the youngest, yelled while running up to Stella.

"Brynn doesn't want me to play with the doll." She whined

"She's been with the doll throughout yesterday." Brynn walked in the room with a Barbie doll in her palm.

"Why don't you both get ready for school and the first to finish gets the toy. Okay?" Stella took the doll as they both raced themselves back.

"Mom! I can't find the jeans. The ones I wore to school yesterday." Cole yelled from his room. He was the fourth Child right before the twins Brittany and Brynn.

"It's in the dryer honey, I washed them yesterday." She replied back.
"Rowan Please get off that game and go prepare for school." She sighed out.

Rowan was the third, he just turned 14 during the last few months.

"Morning." Ace said taking a pancake in his hands and walked out the door.
"In a rush?" Stella asked him, curious.

"Early classes..." Ace responded bluntly and walked away. 

"He doesn't even know how to lie properly.." Stella muttered almost to herself but I was close enough to hear it.

Ace was 16, just a year younger than me.

"Kids time to eat." Stella yelled for everyone to hear. They twins rushed towards the counter.

"I won! I got dressed first." Brittany said to Stella.

"You didn't, your shoes aren't even tied." Brynn said, angered.
"It's okay you both,eat your breakfast." Stella tiredly mentioned.

"First one to finish gets the doll!!" Brynn yelled and shoved half a pancake down her throat.
"I personally don't think it's safe for 3 year olds to have that much food in their mouths at once." I whispered to myself.

"I thought you would never get ready." Stella sarcastically said to Rowan. "Well I'm here aren't I?"

Cole soon joined in "Can I get some orange juice?" He asked Stella as he sat on the stool.

Cole was 7 and I could safely say he was the nerd in our family.

As soon as everyone finished their breakfast, Stella took Brittany, Brynn and Cole to school, while I mostly walked with Rowan because his school was closer to mine.

                                     ***

"What's up with the bandage on Mom's palm?" Rowan asked as we strolled down the road
"Dad again..." I said almost in a whisper because I hated talking about situations like these.