For You I Will

"I'm surprised you want to drive six hours back to Denver..." Onyx crosses her arms and rolls her neck playfully. "Surely you'd want to get back as soon as possible."

"Not really. I'd much rather be in them guts." He whispers the last part while the butler and driver loaded one of the cars.

Her face turns red almost immediately. "I bet. Insatiable ass. I've only been walking like what, six days and you're pushing my limits."

"You should want me to do that anyway." He wraps his arms around her. "Are you going to the expo?"

"Eh...I might as well. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't..." she shrugs.

Malik holds the door for her and Onyx slides in the back of the limo. "What you mean by that?"

"Because I've gone for the last few years and not going would feel...off at best." She explains. "It's where I got discovered as a legitimate makeup artist. Like I'm paying homage to that part of my world." Her smile is hard to miss. "But I don't want you to come."

"And why the fuck not?"

"That's exactly why."

"What? Fuck outta here, Button. I ain't said shit!"

Onyx guides herself with her good leg to the other side of the limo. "You mad?" she bats her eyes at him. Malik doesn't respond. "What can I do to make up for it, Daddy?"

Malik gives her the hand. "Talk to the muhfuckin hand, Button." Onyx falls over laughing. "You be with the shit."

"You'll be back..." she smirks while looking out the window. "They always come right back." she lets out a loud laugh at herself when he doesn't respond to her clowning.

Toxic ass, Malik thought. "I want you to meet my parents."

"So early?" she lifts an eyebrow. He gives a duh look. "I mean, I'd have to clear my schedule. I'm a very busy woman, ya know."

"Onyx!"

"Ma-LIK!" She yells back. "I guess I'll go back to the fabled 500K. No woman has gone up there and come back, unpregnant and MURRIED." She fake passes out.

"At least you know." He mumbles.

"What?" she looks over at him. Malik shakes his head. "I can come after the expo, if that's fine."

"I'll pick you up to take you myself." He offers.

"You must not want me to be I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T."

Malik completely ignores her now.

The six hours seemed to fly by with each mile pulling them further apart. Onyx didn't expect to fall this hard, this fast. But she was glad she did. This getaway was exactly what they needed.

Finally, they arrived. Onyx prepared to get out. Swallowing her disappointment.

"Aye! Come're." Malik got her attention standing outside the limo. Onyx walked into his arms, looking into his emerald green eyes. He pulled her face to his for a long, lingering kiss. "I'ma see you later, aight?"

It's not the same, she thinks. "Okay..." Onyx blushed and turned to walk in without her cane. He waited for her to go in safely before pulling off. Part of him wanted to walk her in, but he knew he wouldn't leave her at all if he did that.

Hours later, Onyx felt jittery. Nervous. She couldn't edit her videos that she'd recorded while Malik worked. She wouldn't eat or watch tv, kept checking her phone for a text. A missed call. Hell, a voicemail. What is happening to me?

She tried laying in her bed but suddenly it was too lumpy. Not big enough. Onyx's skin was hot. As the hours wore on, her symptoms got worse. Onyx moaned and groaned as minutes turned to new hours. Surely I'm overreacting. All she could feel was Malik's hands everywhere. His voice in her ear. Mouth all over. His drumbeat between her legs. She used that as motivation with her vibrator and it brought some relief. It just wasn't the same. They were linked. Spiritually.