Coming to Town

Present day, Winter Forest, California, one month later

Joy hoisted the ball up and squatted. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. "Ya know, working out is not gonna make the stress go away." Alexis turned the treadmill on and eyed her. The gym was closed for just Joy and her staff.

"Of course not, I'm aware of that." she continues her routine. "Just a little me time doesn't hurt."

"What you need is some back breaking sex. I know I gets mine." Alexis teases her. "Where's Quinn?"

"Well, now is not the time for me to be thinking about sex." Joy reminds her best friend. "Quinn came down this morning and she's gone downtown to meet with the event planners for tomorrow. Apparently, there's been a small mix up."

"Oh! That makes sense. I'll call her when we're done here." Alexis reminded herself. "Girl please, fuck them folks coming to down. I'm talking that calling God, daddy please...three, four, five rounds type sex. You deserve it."

"Hmph." Joy takes a break. Alexis keeps running.

"Don't hmph that. You look so...tired these days. Not even the buzz buzz I got you is doing it for you these days. I can tell."

"I don't want that kinda sex. Being mayor is more than enough drama in my life than I need, Lex. Sometimes I just wanna lay in bed and nod off to sleep."

"You got needs, Joy. Be real with me. Quinn ain't here and it's just me. Was it really that bad with Chance? To where you just really decided to go back?"

"You're really going back to this? Again?"

"Yes bitch. Again...come on, y'all were insanely happy."

Joy takes a sip from her water bottle. "We're like a mirror. Two sides of the same damn coin and yet not at the same time. He's a very passionate, demanding man behind closed doors. His aura, if you allow it to, will burn you. He is that powerful. It's almost like a natural thing to submit to him for me."

"I can see why you'd leave and stay gone. You don't submit to a damn thing." Alexis chuckled. "So not even the sex could make you stay?" Alexis was asking the hard-hitting questions. We need the answers sis!

"Part of me wants to say no but part of me says I could. I'm stubborn. Always have been. But freshman year was completely out of control..."

"What really happened? You allude to it all the time when talking about Chance. I wanna know."

"Some things should be kept in the past, Lex."

"I can't accept that. After the way he stared at you at the brunch." Alexis continues. Was it a one thing led to another kinda thing?"

"Yes and no. We'd spent almost every waking moment outside of class together. You know that. I guess the attraction had been building for weeks/months. So yeah, I spent a lot of time at his penthouse..." she walks on the treadmill again. "And he's hung too."

"I've heard from a few. And he knows how to use it."

"Depends on your style. The man I dated after college was more...readily patient. You have to almost coax Chance to slow down, enjoy it. But the first round is pretty fast. Like he gotta get that first nut out the way. By round say, six or seven, it could last for what feels like hours."

"Six or seven! Oh no bitch!" Alexis laughed. "Hell nah..."

"Now that's the only thing I miss." The pair continue to laugh.

The door opens and Quinn enters in an almost panic. "We have a problem. But good news..."

"Good news first, please." Joy laughed. Her tattoo tingled just a little.