Puzzle Pieces

The Family pulled up just as Luna finished her most recent attempt at breastfeeding. Each mother and grandmother took their time congratulating her and Freya.

"When the hell Titan find out? I swore we talked about a much more sentimental reveal." Luna fussed playfully. Josiah made his presence known on her chest.

"The damn booties I bought at the gift shop fell out my purse. Meadow kept saying I could wait but they were just so stinkin cute!"

"Y'all really let Minnelli men fuck on y'all and get y'all pregnant." Meadow teased her sisters.

"I mean...I had a great time creating my son son." She kissed the baby's head gently. "And you look different. Like a glow."

"That glow." Freya looks her sister over with a more critical eye.

"Soliei stopped by before she had to leave and told me that she couldn't get in touch with you at all last night. Where were you after you left, Mimi?" Luna squinted her eyes at her sister while patting Josiah.

Her mouth hung open for a moment. "...I cheated on Brandon."

"When you say cheat, like a kiss?"

"We've already past that." she admitted.

"He licked a lil sum?"

"More than that." Her face turns red under her skin color. "Jireh and I had sex."

Silence hung in the air again. Only Josiah's light snores on his mother's chest could be heard. "And?"

"It was the best I ever had." She admitted.

"Okay so..."

Meadow doesn't have an answer. "Have you ever been, you know..."

"To tell the truth, Marcus was the first man I've gone all the way within terms of sex. Not just you know stick it in, and he nuts. I mean, like my pleasure is the main goal. So, I get it." Luna thinks. "And it rightfully had me shook up. Had me jealous over him and he wasn't mine yet." She frowned. "And I did not like that feeling."

"Well, all I know is, I was willing to not blow up as I did over the dick." Freya shrugged. "Titan all but forced me into the role I'm in now."

"Well, damn."

Silence again. Freya observes her sister and realizes that this is a real dilemma for her.

Meadow continues. "I'm just not understanding why this is so...out of left field. Did I miss something?"

"I mean you work together so intimately. Moving your schedules around to see each other. I definitely remember that." Freya hints.

"What are you looking to gain out of this, Meadow?" Luna asked. "Or better yet, why is Jireh not a good fit for you?"

"...because I watched how you struggled for a balance in your relationships and I don't want that for myself. Jireh doesn't have a work-life balance and over time, I saw myself not have one either. That could bleed into other things that I want to experience." She answers. "Brandon is the balance I need. The pace I desire if I'm going to be working for Jireh at all. But it's all blurring too many lines now."

"What you mean by that?"

"I told Jireh, in so many words, last night was the best sex of my life. And it's making me think and want things I didn't necessarily think about until last night." She sighs. "Brandon accepted a new position in New York and wants me to come with him."

"What do you want to do, Baby Sister?"

"I was planning on going with him. I don't know. I feel trapped."

Southern Gentleman's ClubOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara