Thought Process

Three years and some change ago,

Marcus perched himself on the hood of her car with a smirk on his face.

"What the-"

"Nice to see you too, Luna." He hops down. "I think you forgot the date."

"I have more important things to worry about right now." She brushes him aside.

"When you gon accept we can have a thing?" Marcus holds her arm close to him.

"What?" She tries to laugh off. "I have somewhere to be and you're holding me up, Minnelli. Shouldn't you be downtown by now? You wouldn't want Royce to send a SWAT team for you." She snickers playfully.

"Don't worry bout what I'm supposed to be doing." Marcus flexes for a moment. Luna's air deflated out of her lungs. "He know not to come looking for me."

"Oooh, tuff guy huh?" she couldn't resist herself.

"You should know..." he steps even closer to her, pulling the front of her jeans discreetly. Luna barely steps out of his grasp and gets in her car. "Don't make me pull up again." The warning is not lost on her. But it's a battle she's willing to deal with later.

"Sure, Minnelli." She rolls her eyes.

"For real, Lu. I'm tryna see...you need another release?"

"I thought we agreed that it was a one-time thing?" she shrugs, although she'd admit the sudden proposition had her on ten.

Marcus chuckled. "Pull up in about two hours." His eyes lowered to almost a squint. "Bring a bag."

"Why would I do that?"

"Just do it, Lulu." And with that, Marcus closes her car door and bids farewell. Luna sat in her car, thinking of the pros and cons of said encounter. She revvs her car and leaves the parking lot. She has to prepare. Shit.

Two hours later, like an awkward fiend, Luna stood at the beautiful apartment complex. With her bag, as requested. She sends a quick text. If we're honest, Luna had never had a sneaky linkup situation before now. She is then buzzed up from the ground floor.

"Aye..." Marcus is waiting patiently. Luna looks around in confusion.

"Fancy..." She squints her eyes at him. Marcus ignores her and opens the oven. "White carpet... and you cookin?!"

A loud laugh bubbles in his throat. "I don't appreciate you underestimating ya mans, Lu." He is honest. "Chill out, take the bag off. You might be here a while."

"Says who? I have shit to do sir." She quirks an eyebrow. Luna puts her bag in a guest room. "Why do you have so many rooms?" Her voice floats from where she stood.

Marcus shrugs. "I don't even know...I just like space. Being a triplet an' all."

Luna lifts an eyebrow. "Tr-triplet...all brothers?"

"Yeah...no sisters." He admits.

Luna nods. "That's too much testosterone. How does your mom handle that?"

"She don't fuck with us like dat no more. That's my gal though." He fixes her plate and sets it in front of her. "I tried a Facebook recipe."

"Not the faybook!" Luna stood up from the table. "Let me try it..." she takes a forkful. Seconds tick by.

"Well?"

"This is good!"

"I know." He smirked. "Glad you like it."