How Far Can You Go?

Subtitle: Can't You See?

Hours later, Meadow lands with her bag and phone on DND. Brandon stood in his usual spot with her flower and trinket gifts. Her spirits are instantly lifted. The flight wasn't that good because she kept her mind on her parting words with Jireh. "You should find somebody."

On top of the fact that she felt jealous that he was giving someone else attention and praise. That shouldn't have bothered her. Meadow unknowingly frowned again. That was out of character. Let me gather myself, she thought.

"You look pissed." Brandon teased her.

"No... not the way you think. It's just been a stressful week. This is about to be my first shutdown under the company, and I want everything to be perfect because we're hitting the ground running."

"Shutdown?"

"All of the Minnelli Corporations all shut down one week for Thanksgiving and a month and a week for Christmas."

"I forgot you told me that. How you feel about it?" Brandon lifts her bags in the car. Meadow thought about his question.

"I see why they take off a month. The pressure alone is insane." She admits. "It's anxiety inducing."

"Then ask to leave early." He suggests.

"I've thought about it, and I would agree." She gives a long pause. "It's just my role is pretty important. That's another reason I try to see you as much as possible." She smiles when Brandon hugs her.

"I just want you to find a balance." Brandon concludes the conversation as they pulled away from the airport parking lot.

Later that night, Meadow sat across from Brandon at their favorite restaurant. The huge window, that reminded her of Mia's window room at her estate, overlooked the river down below. "Let me go to the restroom real quick." Brandon stood abruptly after looking at his phone. Meadow frowned for a moment but said nothing.

As if on cue, her phone rang with The Tyrant on it. Her fingers tingled to answer it. "Have you lost yo mind?" she whispered in the phone.

"No but I need you to answer that email real quick."

"I'm on a date, Jireh."

"So?" he let a small chuckle out of his lips without thinking. "It won't take but five minutes, Mimi."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Bye." She clicked off just in time for Brandon and a wait to come back with a sparkling display of champagne and food. Yeah, that lil crush on Jireh Minnelli is dead, she thought.

"Surprise!" Brandon yelled.

"For what?"

"Working so hard." He answered. "I just wanted you to know if you're not being appreciated at work, that I appreciate you here. I love you, Dough."

Meadow dropped a single tear. She had been feeling underappreciated in a lot of aspects in her life lately. "I love you too, Brandon."

All work and no thanks for it, she thought.

A few days later, Luna sat across from Freya with a smirk on her face. Freya's face was buried in plans for the interior of a mansion of massive proportions. An estate if you will. "Titan better be glad I have time for this." She fussed.

"You were gonna make time, shuddup."

"That's beside the point." She playfully added. "You said Meadow would be joining us..." she looked at the clock.

"It's Monday, she'll be here."

Meadow walks in with her lunch in hand a few minutes later. "Sorry I'm late...I got held up." she sat down flustered.