54. Power Over Me

Beginne am Anfang

He stays quiet, eyes looking lost still as he keeps gazing at the floor.

"Jimin..." the name seemed to have thrown him into some deep thought as his voice echoed in the emptiness with a haunting depth "sometimes I tell myself that maybe I should have just let it be...but I couldn't leave him there...I had to bring him to Kleon...they would have killed him, I couldn't have left him there..." his fists tightened, a shudder running through him as he spoke "it's good that he left on his own...I am glad that he had the strength to leave...I've been cruel to make him suffer with me..."

Jungkook really seems to have lost it all, even his speech is all muddled. I can't tell what's going through his mind.

"He really did care about you"

"He shouldn't have" Jungkook chuckled dryly, looking up to meet my gaze "I did everything possible to make him hate me, did I not?"

I frowned at him trying to understand why the hell is he this twisted.

"Why are-" "Leave him be Jin"
I felt a chill run through me to hear Taehyung speak right behind me, his fingers wrapping at my wrist next.

"You see, some people are beyond saving...simply because they don't seek to be saved."

Jungkook's light laugh echoed around the cell "what do you even know about saving? You were born to destroy...a mere weapon Kleon needed to win wars."

I felt Taehyung go quiet beside me, tugging at my wrist to follow him out of there "tomorrow he will serve the punishment decided for him-" "Brother..."

I see Taehyung roll his eyes at the call as he heads to lead us out of there and hear Jungkook shuffling to stand up, his movements slow and breathing laboured due to pain and fatigue.

"I need to tell you something."

"I don't think whatever it is you have to say is worth my time-" "I have the answers you seek"

I see Taehyung freeze on his spot, body going stiff as he denied to even blink before he slowly turned to face Jungkook.

"What answers? What is he talking about?" I inquire but my words fall to deaf ears as Taehyung's eyes fix on Jungkook.

"If you think that defeating me is going to solve anything...then you're very wrong brother...it might sound funny, but I am not the real enemy..."

I could see a look pass between them, before Jungkook's eyes moved to fall on me...more like on my belly.

"And unfortunately, your real enemy will be immune to your authority and invincible in strength..."

I felt my insides squirm in worry, and my hand instinctively wrapped around my belly as I sensed that he must be talking about the child I'm carrying.

"Wh-What is he talking about Tae-I don't understand what that means..." my voice is shaky with worry and confusion clouds my head and I frown at Jungkook, feeling both annoyed and anxious.

"Go upstairs Jin" Taehyung's voice is deep and low as he orders.

"N-No" I protest staring back at his stern gaze "if it's about our child, I too-" "Jin..."

I gulp to sense the trueblood's command in his voice telling me not to try to intervene in between.

"So, you haven't told him anything yet?" Jungkook speaks making my insides feel even more worried.

"Please, it's making me worry now...tell me what is he talking about?" I plead, my breaths quickening.

"The child you're carrying will be your end Seokjin...he will take everything from you to become the invincible immortal he is destined to be...and not even a trueblood can defeat him at war."