Perception(VS Reality) Pt.2

The sun beams down on him, providing little warmth despite the clear day as he surveys the fake city. They'd chosen one of the tallest buildings around to see if they could spot where the villain team had set up the hostage, but so far, there hasn't been any results.

Nervously, he adjusts his gloves, wondering if he should radio in and suggest moving to another area. He feels like he's wasting valuable time by just standing here.

Useless, useless—

"—eku, Shouji heading your way, seems to be alone."

He jumps at the crackly voice in his ear, but quickly searches the area he can see.

No sign of Shouji yet.

Lightly, he taps the com on the side of his ear.

"Initiating Plan D."

"Good luck dude."

"It might be a trap, but I think you're the most suitable to play bait."

The green haired boy's lips curl upwards, and he taps the com again, taking a couple of steps away from the edge of the roof.

Bing!

Ozone fills the air with heavy static, and green lightning crackles to life, keeping close to his skin.

Thankfully, it isn't blue, and seems to be at a relatively low percentage. It's low enough to make him feel lighter, but not enough to crack the concrete. So five, maybe eight percent?

Whatever. It'll be enough for what he's about to do.

____________

Todoroki's heart nearly stops when Izuku throws himself off of the rooftop he was standing on, green lightning wreathing his body as he plummets to the ground.

He knows that the Izuku is strong. He knows that the Izuku has survived a higher fall than this. And yet...

It doesn't stop his breath from catching in his throat.

As he watches the green haired boy arc gracefully, aiming his hand at the ground in a flicking motion—

Wait, he can't—

Todoroki knows that Izuku can't afford to break any more bones. He'd seen what happened to Izuku's already damaged hands when they got too cold. He knows that the human body can only take so much damage, and that breaking the same bones multiple times within the same year is pushing the limits.

He reaches out right as multiple monitors get cut off, and the building around him trembles lightly.

____________

BOOM!

The earth beneath Shouji's feet shakes, and his ears instinctively retreat back into his arms as he pauses, wildly looking around for the cause of the explosion.

BOOM!

It takes a moment for it to register. There was only one person on the opposite team that could create that kind of explosion.

Midoriya is close by.

He immediately slips into the nearest alleyway and taps his com. As eager as he is to get a good grade on this assignment, he won't be dealing with a repeat of Villain Day.

"Uravity, Deku is in the third quadrant to the west of the ba—"

"Th os e w ho co m e i nt o o u r do m ai n m us t p e r i s h."