Power(And Predictability)

"So?" He asks, shifting from foot to foot as he watches Hatsume lean over the computer.

They'd met up several times over the past couple of days to test out One For All—on his request, because whatever percentage he was at during Villain Day isn't safe to use against real, living people—and figure out what level he was at and how he could regulate it.

The most obvious issue was that One For All got stronger with his emotions, and Black Whip had very nearly made an appearance in one of the experiments. The second most obvious issue is that he's started seeing flashes of color out of the corners of his eyes. At first he thought he was hallucinating, but it kept happening, and Hatsume recorded video evidence that there are, in fact, colors flashing around him. Occasionally.

It was nice to see proof that he wasn't going crazy. It wasn't nice to see video evidence that One For All was mutating.

"Alright, look at this!" Hatsume says, then turns around the computer for him to see.

It's a string of letters and numbers and something that looks like a graph, so he focuses on that. When his efforts fail, he looks up at Hatsume for guidance.

"Momo would've got it." She huffs, then turns the computer back around and messes with it before speaking again.

"Right! So, judging from the data we've gathered, I can safely say that you're using around the same power output as you were during the Sports Festival, maybe a little less."

"...Huh?"

Am I at 100%? It didn't feel like it...

"Yup! It's also safe to say that whatever amount of power you're using now isn't actually '100%'. My current theory is that your Quirk was giving you the max level of energy that your body could handle, and with more practice, you'll get closer to reaching the upper limits of that energy."

That was his original theory, though the extra energy was not part of his plan. All Might had said that without preparation it could blow people's limbs off—how he knew that, Izuku didn't want to know—and breaking bones was clearly the tip of the iceberg when it came to One For All. But the amount of force he'd used during the Sports Festival was at the same level as All Might's. Then what is the actual 100% like?

"Basically, the more you use your Quirk, the better you'll be able to handle the energy, and the stronger you'll get. Oh! I found out something cool, do you wanna see?"

Izuku blinks, then slowly nods, watching Hatsume click through the computer with mild suspicion. He trusts her to make interesting inventions and good machines, but he doesn't want to be in the lab if she's making them. Explosions are not his thing.

"So! See this?"

She turns the screen to show him a clip of All Might fighting Toxic Chainsaw—that's ironic—and then grins at him expectantly. He narrows his eyes, peering at the screen as he watches the Symbol of Peace punch the living hell out of the villain.

"...He's using the same level of power I was using at the Sports Festival..." He murmurs, looking back up at Hatsume for confirmation.

"And that's one of his highest recorded forces! That means you're probably on par with All Might's strength at this point! No wonder you asked me for 'All Might proof' babies!"

The green haired boy chokes, eyes widening as he gapes at Hatsume, who seems absolutely thrilled by this situation.

"Say, why don't you lend me some of that power for my babies? Between you and Momo, we could make some beautiful babies!"