The Cost(Of Happiness)

"Izuku, could you come to the store with me?" Kurogiri asks, peering into the green haired boy's room cautiously(he learned the hard way that just warping his head into someone's room was a bad idea when he'd caught Sensei watching an animated show he was pretty sure was from two hundred years ago. He was almost ripped apart, and Sensei refused to look him in the eye for months afterwards).

He looks up from his ever present notebook(almost full now, since he hadn't turned on his phone since he started staying with the League) and nods.

"Yeah! Just let me change and put on some eyeliner."

Kurogiri nods, and closes the boy's door, heading for the main bar area. Most of the League are here since it's the middle of the day, but Dabi and Spinner had a mission last night, so they haven't woken up yet. Shigaraki is holed up in his room, and Magne and Toga disappeared for a spa day.

(Kurogiri is long overdue for one of those, but something always managed to go horribly wrong right when he relaxed. Hence, no spa day since Shigaraki came into his care.)

Ten minutes later, Izuku walked in, his hair gelled back and eyeliner applied, making his eyes look an entirely different shape. He wears a t-shirt and pair of ripped jeans that Kurogiri is pretty sure he'd seen in Toga's room at some point.

"So, is there any particular reason you wanted me to come along?" Izuku asks, hands in his pockets in a way that reminds Kurogiri of Dabi.

"Yes, but we shouldn't discuss it here." Kurogiri creates a warp and gestures to it, and Izuku steps through, noticing the dingy alleyway is in one of the busier parts of town.

The misty man appears, and Izuku's eyes widen as he takes in the beige trench coat and black banded hat that covers his neck brace and misty body.

"You're incognito mode!" He giggles, covering his mouth with his hand.

"As are you. In any case, I brought you with me because I would like to get Magne and Mr. Compress gifts, and I'm unsure what they might like."

Izuku raises his eyebrows.

"Well, that depends on what reason you're getting them the gifts. Are you thinking, like, birthday gifts? Or you're-the-only-League-members-I-can-trust-to-be-responsible-adults gifts?"

Under his mist, Kurogiri smiles wryly.

"The second one."

"Then for Mr. Compress, a deck of really intricate playing cards or a nice bottle of wine—he seems to prefer sweeter reds—and for Magne, get her a really well illustrated Greek mythology book or red lipstick."

"Red lipstick?"

"I heard her say she wants some." Izuku shrugs.

"I see."

"Are we going to a mall?"

"Yes, I believe that we should be able to find what we're looking for there." Kurogiri says.

"Okay, let's go!" The green haired boy smiles and turns around, happy that Kurogiri wanted his help buying gifts for the League.

___________

"Young Midoriya?"

Izuku freezes when he hears All Might's voice, his blood going cold. They're in an empty aisle at a bookstore, and Kurogiri is a few rows over, looking at the Greek mythology section.

He's about to pretend to be confused when strong, spindly arms wrap around his body, trapping him in place. The rumble of the man's bony chest indicates that All Might is talking. He freezes, heart pounding in his ears as he looks around the aisle for something, someone to help him.