Chapter 9

Brian's POV:

Brian's POV:

I was lying in my cell, making paper aeroplanes out of magazine pages, thinking about the time I did it in Spain for my family.

I hope this is over soon, I want to be back with Dina and see our kids when this is all over.

I see the lights going off, outside the cells and already know what is coming. I sit up and hear my cell's little window open and Braga's voice.

"Brian O'Conner. That was quite an entrance."

I throw the paper plane onto the bed and walk over to the door, wanting answers about Letty.

"You put a lot of these men in here. What? Didn't think one would recognise you?" I look at the other two people with Braga and recognise them to be some of his old bodyguards.

"I've kept tabs on you, you know. You've been having a lot of fun out there. Good cop gone bad, Rio De Janeiro. It's exciting when you go criminal, isn't it? Too bad you didn't do it earlier, you could have worked for me."

"Like Letty Ortiz?" I ask, finally getting something in after his rant. "So tell me something, because I buried her."

"Yeah? You did? You buried something, I can't tell you who or what it was."

"I know she's running with Owen Shaw."

"Still playing cop, huh? Trust me, this is way above your pay grade."

"Humor me, please." I huffed.

"We'll, you're a dead man walking, what does it matter? I ran everything for Shaw. Drugs, guns, money, women. He taught me to think global when I was just a local. He made me a wealthy man. And this guy didn't just have the cartels working for him. He had the CIA, DEA, everyone in his pocket. He knew what was going to happen before they did. In fact, he knew when some wet-behind-the-ears FBI agent decided to put some informant in my cartel. The minute you put Letty undercover, she was dead, bro."

"But she survived."

"That girl is one tough bitch. Shaw found her in a hospital two days later. He went to finish the job."

"And he didn't kill her. Why?" I asked, tears growing in my eyes as I came to the realisation that it's my fault Dom doesn't have Letty, Dina doesn't have her best friend. Why Letty isn't with us.

"She had no memory. Perfect girl, huh?" Braga said making me angry. I really want to hit him for the way he is talking about Letty.

"Your lucky this doors between us."

But as soon as I say that the door gets opened. I look to the two people either side of Braga and see them get shivs out of their sleeves.