Chapter 3

Nadia POV:I have been kept in this interrogation room all night

Nadia POV:
I have been kept in this interrogation room all night. I haven't slept or eaten but they have given me a glass of water but I won't touch it as I'm too cautious.
Stasiak kept me here because when he searched my name on the database nothing came up. He says I gave him a fake name and has been pushing all night to find out my real name. I won't tell him though because my real name doesn't exist either, thanks to my boss. He wiped everything clean.
Mia was sent home hours ago. They didn't get the info they wanted out of her and there was no reason to keep her so she was aloud to leave. She wanted to wait for me but I knew I would be here for a while so I told her to go home and get some sleep.
"Why'd you lie about your name?" Stasiak asked.
"Don't I get a phone call, isn't that my legal right."
"I decide if you get that right and I say no because you are not answering any of my questions."
"That is because they are stupid questions. I gave you my name and now you suspicious of me, what have I done to make you suspicious?"
"We have nothing on you. The name comes up but there is no birthday, no place of birth. The only thing you seem to have is a name, which is very suspicious to me."
"I think your just annoyed. Your not getting anything on the Toretto case and other agents are getting praise and promotions because they are helping the investigations your in but you, your not helping them. Your just sitting on the side lines finding it very hard to help because you don't know how."
"You don't know what your talking about."
"Then why are you interrogating me. Shouldn't you be out trying to find leads for whatever case you have been assigned. Instead you are in here interrogating someone about her name."

The two of them are interrupted by the man sitting at his desk in the room with us. He answers his phone and calls to Stasiak.
"Stasiak, you have been called to forensics, they need you to sign some greenies." He says and then he leaves.
Stasiak gets up to leave but turns to me before he does.
"I'll be back and this time you best have some answers."
I just sarcastically wave goodbye to him. When he is gone I lay my head back against the wall letting out a breath. I'm not tired, not really. I've been up for longer hours than this and I can't really sleep when I do anyway, I'm just annoyed.
I lift my head up when I hear Brian walk in.
"Hey, Tyler, we got a transfer." He tells the man at the desk.
"You want to come with me?." He says to me when he walks over. I pick up my bag and follow him out the station not wanting to deal with Stasiak anymore.

——————————

We end up in a small cafe not too far from the station. Brian bought me a tea and himself a coffee, he remembered my order. We got a table by the window sitting opposite each other.
We were sat in silence until the waitress bought our drinks over.
"Is that everything?" She asks the two of us.
"Yeah, Thanks" Brian says at the same time I say.
"Yep, thank you."

We sat there for a while not talking and just drinking our drinks. I decided to break the silence, getting annoyed that he dragged me here and hasn't said anything to me.
"I'm almost done. Why don't you tell me why you dragged me here, Brian?"
"You know they're going to capture Dom. Maybe worse. I don't want you getting tangled up in this. So stay away from him and Mia."
"That's what you have to say to me after two years? All of a sudden you care."
"You left. No nothing, I came back one day and our place was empty. Why? Where'd you go?" Brian said. Tears were in his eyes.
"I left because I was sick of always waiting around Brian. You left, not me. We had a fight, you walked out the door before we even finished. I waited for a week for you to walk through that door and you didn't. I wasn't going to be sitting in that apartment, waiting for you to come home. So I packed and I left."
Nadia replied.
"So your gonna put the blame on me." Brian said leaning back in his chair. He let out a sigh before speaking again. "I left that day because I was called in. I was just put back on after everything that had happened, I couldn't ignore it."
"That doesn't explain you not coming back for a week. I was worried Brian and annoyingly, it has always bugged me that you didn't come back. These last two years I have been thinking that the worst had happened."
"I didn't come back because I didn't want to fight." He said.
"We only fought because you didn't tell me the truth."
"You didn't tell me the truth either. When were you gonna tell me your real name, Nadia."
"How'd you know my name."
"Letty told me. She saw a picture of us together, she pointed you out, said your name was Nadia."
"I didn't lie, it just would have been confusing to tell you the truth. And I was afraid to tell you about me. I'm not all sunshine and rainbows, Brian. I wanted some normality for a while and being Nadine gave me that, you were my normality. When I was with you I wasn't working, I didn't have a mission, I was just a girl with a guy and that made me happy."
I said. I didn't like lying to him but I just didn't want to be looked at like a murderer. In my job, it seems like everyone sees me as a heartless murderer, I didn't want Brian to see me that way too.
"You could have told me. You can still tell me. I'm not mad at you for not saying anything. I just wish that I had handled it better that night. Maybe things would be different now."
"I will tell you everything, Brian, I promise. But I can't do it here. Too many people. Another time, when your free we can talk." I say.
We get interrupted by a ping in my bag. I rummage through to find my phone. I pull it out to see a text from Gisele, Campos is looking for me.
"I'm sorry to cut this short but I really have to go." I grab a napkin from the table and write my new number in it. "Text or ring me when you are free, I'll tell you whatever you want to know."
I get up from the table and rush out the cafe. I get a taxi to go see Campos.

——————————

3rd POV:
Brian had gotten back to the station when Trinh walks up to him. She has a bunch of files in her arms.
"Brian!" She calls as she runs over to him.
"I got the cross-checks on David Park back and have a list of possibles."
"What you got?"
"All right. A 45 year old male in a '06 Scion with three reckless driving tickets."
"No."
"An '01 Chevy Tahoe."
"No."
"Two mini coopers, a '06 and a '07. A Toyota hybrid."
"Hell no."
"A '98 Saturn, a '95 Sebring. A '98 Nissan 240 with an illegal mod."
"Wait. That's it."
"What?"
"The 240 with the illegal mod."
"How do you know?"
"Cause that's something I'd drive."

——————————

When Brian got to the apartment building he got out of his cop car, which he hates driving. He walks over to the 240 and starts to check it out. He is distracted, however, when he sees someone get thrown out the window on the top floor.

He rushes up the stairs and gets his gun out, he cocks it towards the apartment door. When he looks inside he sees Dom holding the mans leg. As he walks into the apartment he sees that it is David Park's flat. Brian lifts his gun to Don's back.
"Come on, man, I don't know shit! Just let me up! I told you, you got to talk to Braga!" David Park shouts to Dom from outside the window.
"Bring him up, Dom." Brian says walking further into the room. "Bring him up." Brian repeats, now standing next to Dom.
"You here to take me in, O'Conner?" Dom asks.
David Park is shouting from outside the window until Dom tells him to shut up.
"Letty was my friend, too."
"You weren't anyone's friend." Dom told Brian, still not having turned to look at him.
"Yo, can you guys talk about this later and pull my ass up!" Park shouts, still hanging out the window.
"She was running for this guy, Braga, and things went bad. I'm gonna get these guys, Dom. Now let me do my job and bring him up."  Brian tells Dom. He had put his gun down by now.
"I'm gonna kill this Braga and anyone else who gets in my way." Dom says darkly. He lets go of Park's ankle, letting him fall. But he didn't, having caught onto material hanging out the window.
Brian rushes to the window when Dom lets go of Park's ankle and pulls him up.
When Brian turns around, Dom was gone.