Chapter 16

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

Nadia drives the truck to the station with all the boys in the back. When they get to a part of the fencing that they need to climb over she tells them and slows down.

Brian was in the front seat with her and climbs out the window the same time as Dom climbs out the back door.

"Don't hurt yourself." Nadia tells Brian.

"Do I ever?" He jokes.

"More than you think."

Dom, Brian, Han and Roman climb onto the roof of the van and jump on the top of the fence. They jump down from there and into the police cars across from them.

Nadia drives straight back to the factory and sits down alone, giving her time to think.

——————————

The boys, now all in their invisible cars, start to drive back to the factory. Dom and Brian were slightly ahead of everyone else. They came to a red traffic light and stopped, waiting for it to turn green.

"Been a while since I've been behind the wheel of one of these." Brian says with his window open so Dom could hear him.

"First time I've ever been in the front seat." Dom says, with his window down, bringing a laugh out if Brian.

Roman and Han pull up beside them.

"Hey, Rome. What took you so long? I thought for sure you'd be showing up with chrome spinners or something." Brian shouted across the cars, leaning on his steering wheel to look through the windows.

"Real funny." Roman sarcastically laughed at Brian. Which made Brian let out a laugh at him.

Roman picks up the speaker in the car and spoke into it as no one else was around.
"I got $100,000 that says I can take you all in the next quarter-mile."

"Yeah, your broke ass has got a hundred grand." Brian says.

"We pull of this job, I will. The next two lights. Hundred thousand."

"We don't pull this job off, we're probably dead anyway. Let's make it a million." Han says joining the conversation.

"I like that. All right, a million dollar quarter mile." Brian agrees.

"Alright then." Han says settling into his chair.

"You only live once. Let's do it." Roman says through the speakers.

"What do you say, Dom?" Brian asks as he hasn't said anything about it.

"We talking or we racing?"

"Just don't cheat this time."

"Gotta let that go." Dom says facing forward, ready to race. 

They all start revving their engines and rolling up their windows. Waiting for the lights to turn green. They went from smiles to serious as they each focused on winning the million dollars.