Chapter 4

(Outfit up top)

(Outfit up top)

3rd POV:
Brian had arrested David Park and was bringing him into the station. As he was going to put Park in the interrogation room but before he could Stasiak came storming over.
"O'Conner!" Brian looks over his shoulder and sees Stasiak. He just turns back around, having enough of Stasiak already today.
"O'Conner! If you ever release a witness of mine again-" Stasiak said, he pushed Brian into the glass window of the interrogation room and put a hand around his throat.
Brian grabbed Stasiak by the back of his neck, whacked his head into the wall beside them and kneed him in the stomach. Stasiak crumpled to the floor until their superior came through the crowd that had formed to watch.
"That's enough!" Penning shouted.
Two agents tried to help Stasiak up but he pushed them away and got himself up. "Don't touch me! I'm fine!" Stasiak told the men.
"That's enough!" Penning shouted again.
"You're through, O'Conner!" Stasiak said while pointing at Brian.
"I said that's enough!" Penning repeated for a third time. "Stasiak, go get yourself cleaned up." Penning told him after looking at his face and seeing the blood.
"What? He hit me first! You..." Stasiak told Penning, pointing his finger at Brian.
"This isn't the Cub Scouts! Now, go on! You're bleeding on my floor." Penning told Stasiak.
He finally listened and walked away to go clean up his face.
Penning then walked up to Brian.
"O'Conner, do you know the difference between a cop and a criminal?"
"What?" Brian asks.
"One bad judgement call. Keep your shit in line, son."
Penning then turns to David Park. "Have a good time." He says clapping his shoulder.
Penning walks off and Brian brings David into the interrogation room.
"Take a seat."

——————————

After interrogating David Park, Brian went into the conference room where Penning called for a meeting of everyone in the Braga case.
"Good news. We have intel that Braga's number two, Roman Campos, will hold a street race in Koreatown tomorrow night to fill a slot on his team. They've already chosen three drivers from previous races. Our newest informant, Mr. David Park, has been kind enough to get us into the race. O'Conner, you're up." Penning says finishing his speech.
Brian fist pumps slightly because of how excited he is about driving an actual car and not a shitty cop car.
"Let me guess, winner gets the slot." Trinh says.

——————————

After the meeting Trinh shows Brian all the imports they currently have impounded. Brian picks out three of them to take parts from.
Over the next day and a bit, Brian and Dom both work on their cars for the races. Brian is told he needs to have a tracker in his car so that Penning knows where he is at all times.

Brian hasn't text Nadia about the chat they are meant to have because a part of him doesn't want to know, as there must be a reason she kept it a secret. But another part of him wants to know so badly.
After debating whether to text her yet, he decides not to. He needs to be focused for this race and he can't have any other distractions, like Nadia.
Brian goes back to his apartment to get a good nights rest for the race tomorrow night.

——————————

Brian and Nadia arrived at the race but neither knew that the other was there.
Nadia went upstairs with Gisele to talk to Campos. Her and Gisele were told to go and get the racers for tonight for him to talk to. Nadia gets a sense of deja vu as the last time she did this it was with Letty.
Even thinking of what happened to her friend brought tears to her eyes. She wasn't normally someone to get attached but that has been changing a lot recently and Letty was her best friend. She feels slightly responsible for Letty's death.

Brian gets out of his car and hears someone shout in Spanish. As he looks up he sees Campos swinging a golf club and hitting balls into the distance. There didn't seem to be a real purpose to it though.
Brian is looking around at everything. It had been a while since he had been to a race. The last time he went to one was with Nadia, in Miami, before he was hired as a FBI Agent.

Dwight, one of Braga's confirmed drivers, called to Brian when he saw him looking his way.
"Hey! What are you looking at, nutsack?"
"I don't know. You tell me." Brian replies.
"Oh, the racer wants what Dwight's got. See, but, ladies, Dwight's already on the team. You got to be fast if you want to drive for Braga-" Dwight was saying but he was cut off by Nadia coming around the car by him and Brian.
"Is there a problem here?" She asks. Dwight quickly shuts up when he sees her, knowing she works for Braga.
Brian laughs at how quickly Dwight clammed up at the sight of Nadia.
"You one of Park's guys, blonde?" Nadia asks him. She already knows that he is and why he is here. She guessed that he was the newest informant for the FBI but for now she had to play pretend.
"Yeah. Yeah, I am." Brian answers her, pretending like he didn't know her.
"Follow me." Nadia says. She walks off and has some of Braga's bodyguards behind her. When she is here they tend to follow everyone that works for Braga. It's annoying.
"See you later, punk. You, too, punk." Dwight says to Brian and the others.
Nadia is just waiting on the last racer she was meant to pick up as Gisele was by the stairs with her two racers.
As Nadia walked over to Gisele to tell her the other racer isn't here yet she sees Dom in his charger.
Brian sees him and knows that Dom isn't here for the money. He's here to find out who killed Letty.
Nadia jogs over to Dom when he parks up.
"Come on, your late." She tells him. She walks back over to the rest of the group with Dom behind her.
"Let's go." Gisele said.
Gisele walked up the stairs first, then the bodyguards, the other two racers, then Dom, Brian and Nadia last.

——————————

When they reached the top of the stairs the racers were bought to where Campos was hitting balls into a giant net. Fenix was cheering Campos on the entire time.
Nadia and Gisele stood on the left, while the racers were lined up on the right.
"You all know why you're here. Good drivers are a dime a dozen. Man, every corner's got a chingadera tuner racing for pinks. That's not what Braga's got me looking for." Campos says as he hits the ball far into the distance. "Braga wants someone that would sell their abuelita to be behind the wheel. Someone that drives their 10 second cars not in a straight line, but to push it and make it through places no one else would take it. Real drivers." Campos told them, finally turning around to look at the racers.
As Campos is saying all this all Nadia can think about is Letty. What happened to her and what Braga may have done.
"So, what are we hauling?" Dom asks.
Fenix looks shocked that Dom asked. Letty asked the exact same question.
"For the money Braga's paying, you don't need to know." Campos said, trying to steer away from the topic.
"You just said you wanted real drivers. A real driver knows exactly what's in his car." Dom tells them. Nadia smiles slightly at that because him and Letty had the same kind of answers. Gisele smiled as well, liking Dom more and more.
Campos takes a sip of his beer and looks away. Fenix gets up from his place beside Dom.
"Mira, real driver, nobody's forcing you to race."
"You the boss? Or am I talking to the boss?" Dom asks, not at all a intimidated by Fenix.
Brian looks over at Dom and can see that he is angry. He is trying to find out who killed Letty and who ordered the hit. He wants to kill them both. Brian looks over to Nadia, only to see her looking at the floor, deep in thought.
Nadia couldn't stop thinking about Dom and his interaction with Campos and Fenix. It's like him and Letty are one in the same, they ask the same questions and give the same kind of comebacks.
"Do I look like a boss?" Fenix asks Dom.
"My job is to find the best drivers, period." Campos said, trying to break up the tension between Fenix and Dom, before a fight breaks out.
Gisele nudges Nadia in the side which breaks her out of her thinking. They both walk over to the boys to give them sat navs.
Nadia hands the first to Brian, who smile at her in thanks, and she smiles back. Gisele hands her two to the other two drivers. Nadia was standing slightly in front of Dom while he answered Campos, before giving him the sat nav.
"Whoever wins the race gets the info. We cool?"
Dom keeps looking at Fenix, who is trying to intimidate Dom.
"Are we cool?"
"Yeah, we're cool." Dom says looking over at Campos. Even though they clearly weren't.

"No, we ain't cook, man. Who's closing these streets?" One of the other racers asks.
Campos chuckles at the racers question. "No one. That's the point."