Engagment

Nadia's POV:

Nadia's POV:

It's getting closer to Christmas time and I am starting to get stressed. We have stayed with Jean, Brian's mum, for the last week and I have loved it. She is so good with the kids and a big help while Brian and I are learning to deal with three little ones.

Brian seems to be elsewhere lately but I hope he gets it together by Christmas because I want everything to be perfect. I know I sound like a control freak but I only had 3 good christmas' when I was younger and I don't remember them that well because I was so young so I want all the kids ones to be perfect, and it's also slightly for me.

Jean has said that she is taking me and the kids Christmas shopping today so we don't have to worry about it come December. It's November at the moment and we are reaching the last week of November and I don't want to Christmas shop in December because it'll be a hectic.

"Kids, be careful." I say as they start to run around, excited about all the shops they are seeing.

"Come on, darlings. It's your first Christmas with me so we have to find amazing presents for the two of you and your baby brother." Jean says, grabbing a hold of the twins hands and leading them to the shopping center.

I was behind them, pushing Sebastian in his pram that has a space in the front for the twins because they will defiantly get tired of walking and I don't want to have to carry them when they don't want to walk anymore.

We spend 3 hours going from shop to shop. Jean bought the kids a few toys, teddy's and clothes as presents to open on Christmas. Which they were very disappointed about, they didn't want to wait that long.

She went off for a while with the twins, while Sebastian and I were in the food court, and when she came back they had more bags. I managed to get Myles to spill a little and he said that she got presents for me and Brian.

I got gifts for as many people as possible, already having some things back home in L.A.
I only have a few more things to get online and then I am done for Christmas shopping.

——————————

After shopping with twins and a newborn, I am exhausted but I can't nap. Brian said that he wants to go on a family picnic to the Mojave National Preserve, which we passed on the way here.

I looked it up online and it looks really pretty so I am excited to see it in person

"Hey, how was the shopping?" Brian says, running out of the house to help with the kids and the bags.

"Long." I say. He pulls me into his side and kisses my temple.

"Come on, cheer up. We're gonna spend the next few hours in nature eating crappy food." Brian says.

I smile at him a snuggle into his side, enjoying the weird hug. I pull away after a second and give him a kiss before grabbing Sebastian and some bags out of the car.

With the help of the whole team: Jean, Brian, me and the twins, we managed to get the shopping in the house and the picnic stuff in the car really quickly.

The twins were excited about this picnic because it looks pretty and their grandma is coming.

We had to get everyone back in the car and on our way to the reserve. Jean was sitting in the front beside Brian, the twins and Sebastian were in the backseat and I was in the boot so I could keep an eye on the kids.

——————————

3rd POV:

The picnic was going amazing. There wasn't a cry or hint of sadness in sight. The twins were playing kids tennis with Brian as the referee. Jean and Nadia were sat on the blanket, Jean had a glass of wine but Nadia doesn't want to drink as she is breastfeeding.

"I remember breastfeeding. I used to get a little annoyed when I'd go out for lunch or dinner with my friends and they would be drinking but I couldn't. How are you with it?"

"I'm actually okay. I don't drink much anyway, only a beer, a glass of wine or a bottle of vodka but otherwise, nope. However, this is one of the times I wish I could drink, especially getting closer to Christmas. That's the best time to drink." Nadia says.

"I agree with you there. Oh, here he comes." Jean says as she sees Brian coming over with one twin over his shoulder and the other in his arms. He places the kids on the ground and him and his mum share a look, gaining a confused look from Nadia.

"What's going on?" Nadia asks.

"Come on, I have to show you something." Brian says, holding out his hand.

"Okay." Nadia says and she passes Sebastian over to Jean who takes him with a large smile on her face.

Brian pulls her up and leads her to a beautiful cliff side where you can see the sun setting.

"Nadia Volkov." Brian starts, taking a hold of her hands. This immediately grabbing Nadia's attention away from the view.
"I have loved you since the day we met at Verone's till now. Through all our ups and downs you were there for me. You didn't run away when we became international criminals, you became friends with my friends and you love me and have given me an amazing family. I hope that we can make our family bigger but as husband and wife." He let's go of her hands and kneels down onto one knee, pulling a box out of his pocket.
"Nadia Volkov, would you marry me?" Brian says.

Nadia is gobsmacked. She didn't expect this but it was one of the best surprises of her life. Her face breaks out into a smile and a few tears trickle down her cheeks.

"Of course I'll be your wife." Nadia says.
Brian takes the ring out of the box and places it on her finger. Not wasting a second, he wraps his arms around her and swings her around in excitement, the only sounds coming from the two of them being their joyful laughter.

"I love you, Nadia Volkov soon to be O'Conner

"I love you, Nadia Volkov soon to be O'Conner."

"I love you, Brian O'Conner."

The two of them share a kiss before Jean come over with the twins and Sebastian. The twins see how happy their parents are which makes them happy. Jean and the kids all hug the newly engaged couple, congratulating them for finally taking the next step.

(A/N: Sorry it's so short, I just wanted them to be engaged. I never realised that Mia and Brian weren't engaged until I wrote this.)