Chapter 3

3rd POV:

3rd POV:

After Markham had calmed down and Roman started to eat his food, they finally got on with the check in.

"So, tell me what you know." Bilkins asks.

"Well Rome and I will be making a run for Verone. I'm not sure when and where but he did say that he bought us a window, i'm assuming from the local cops." Brian answers as Roman is behind him eating Markham's food.

"I can talk to some of the guys from the local P.D." Agent Dunn said trying to be in the conversation.

"They're no good if Verone has some of them on the pay roll, then we can't let them know our operation." Bilkins says shutting down Agent Dunn.

"Exactly. In addition, Verone told us that he himself would be waiting at the drop."

"That's good news. If you're gonna be delivering drug money to him then we can get him for laundering."

"Now, there's only one problem." Roman says, finally joining the conversation.

"What's that?"

"Fuentes. Verone's tapping her"

"Tapping her? Tapping her how?" Bilkins asks only to be ignored.

"That is crap." Markham chimes in.

"Man, what you talking about, homeboy? We know what we see."

"So, what do you think O'Conner? You think she is compromised? You should know" Markham asks, being his usual dickish self.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" Roman asks, around a mouthful of food.

"What, you mean your old pal O'Conner didn't tell you. He flipped on Bilkins in L.A. Gave his mark his car keys and let him disappear. That's why he's not a cop anymore. So what do you think, expert?" Markham says. Again being a dick.

"I don't know."

"All right. We'll keep an eye on her." Bilkins says.

"We're outta here." Brian says. Both him and Roman get up from their chairs and walk out of the building, heading back to the car.

--------------------

As they walk out and back to the car Roman starts to ask questions about L.A. especially since both the cops and Nadia know what happened and he feels out of the loop.

"Let your man go?"

"Drop it. I don't want to talk about it."

"Drop it, hell. I wanna hear about this, homey."

"I said forget about it, cuz"

"We got Fuentes in with Verone" Roman says as they both open the car doors and get in. "Markham trying to blow our cover and we got two wired cars that are no better than that damn ankle bracelet of mine. Imma tell you, bruh, you let your man Markham do that shit again in front of Verone that's gone be our ass."