Christmas Day

Merry Christmas Everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day🎄
•••

4 weeks before Christmas

Wooyoung's POV:
"Is this the one?" the elderly lady asked with a joyful smile on her soft face.
My smile even grew wider as I looked at the sleeping puppy in my hands.

"He is definitely the one."

The lady let out a content sigh, "your girlfriend will absolutely adore him." I nodded eagerly, "she's always wanted this type of puppy for as long as I can remember. She's had many ups and downs this year and I know this will be the icing on-top of the cake."

Looking at the golden retriever puppy in my hands I gently ran my fingers over its ears, they were so fluffy.

"He will be all ready for you to collect him in four weeks time, which" she paused as she held up her finger, "what day would you like to come and collect him?"

Placing down the puppy I made sure he was all snuggled with his mother before standing to my feet. "When do you think will be the best time?" "Most of the other owners are collecting their puppy's on Christmas Eve." Rubbing my hands together I grinned, "then I shall pick him up on Christmas Eve too."

"Wonderful" the lady chimed as she wrote my name into her diary along with five other owners names. "What collar would you like the little man to have?"
"Well it is Christmas after all so red will be perfect."
Nodding in agreement she handed me a small red collar. "Bring this with you when you come and collect him, he can wear this with pride when he meets your girlfriend."

Taking the small red item from her hands my heart lifted in happiness. This has been a gift I've been wanting to get my girlfriend y/n for the longest time.

This Christmas will be one of the very best.

"Thank you so much" I granted with a smile. Opening her arms the elderly lady brought me into a warm hug, the smell of roses flew up my nasal passage. She had a warm heart.

"You are most welcome, you remind me very much of my son, a very kind hearted man. Your girlfriend is very lucky to have you dear."

My cheeks grew warm upon her soft compliment. "Thank you. I best be heading off now, my girlfriend is probably wondering where I've gotten to."
"Where does she think you've gone?" the lady asked as she followed me to the front door, "to the shops" I chuckled softly.

"Well do pop in there before you return home that way she won't grow suspicious." Letting out a small chuckle I nodded, "I will do just that and thank you again." "No problem at all young man, I shall see you in four weeks time."

As I got inside my car I opened the window and gave the lady a gentle wave as I drove off her farm land. Her little smile shone in my rear view mirror.

23rd December

"Wooyoung, where are you?" you called as you walked into your home, "I'm in the kitchen honey" he answered causing a smile to ponder onto your face.

Removing your coat and shoes you made your way into the kitchen. "There's my girl" Wooyoung chimed as he opened up his arms, letting you cosy yourself into his chest. "I've missed you so much" you stated as you wrapped your arms around his waist.

"As did I baby." Placing a sweet kiss onto your head you looked up to him, "something smells good" you complimented as you pulled away from his embrace.

"I'm cooking your favourite dish that's what" he grinned as he returned to his spot in front of the stove. Your eyes lit up as you watched him stir the elegant carbonara that was cooking in the pan.
"You're the best" you smiled as you stood beside him.