What If?

"Everyone y/n is here" Yeosang your older brother called In happiness as you entered the garden.

Your friends smiles grew wider as they approached you. "So nice to see you" "you look amazing" "there's my bestie" they called as they brought you into a group hug. Laughing amongst yourselves you pulled away, "you guys look amazing." You complimented as you looked at their outfits.

Today was the annual summer bbq at Yeosang's house. Every year yourself, your friends and the boys would gather together and celebrate a fun day.

San would be in charge of the games
Yunho and Mingi would be in charge of decorations
Yeosang, Jongho, Hongjoong would be in charge of getting the food, along with everyone else chipping in of course.
And finally Wooyoung and Seonghwa, those two would be in charge of buying drinks along with topping them up throughout the day.

Wrapping his arm around your bare shoulders Yeosang brought you over to the small bar which was placed in the corner of the garden.

"What are you going to have to drink?" he asked kindly as he stepped behind the small counter. "I'll just have a soft drink for now Yeo."
"A soft drink?" a girls high pitch voice spoke in shock, turning around you saw Yeosang's girlfriend Hallie, who was now one of your bestest friends. Ever since the day Yeosang introduced you both, you had been stuck to the hip ever since.

"Yeah a soft drink for now" you spoke putting emphasis on the words 'for now'.
Grinning happily Hallie watched closely as her boyfriend fixed you up your drink.

"For now" Hallie tutted, "later on you, me and the girls are having cocktails." Nodding in agreement she wrapped her arm around you, "so what's new with you any boys on the scene?"

Yeosang coughed loudly grabbing your attention. "Baby I'm right here" Hallie shrugged her shoulders, "what? I'm just asking your sister if she's found anyone yet?" "She's not having a boyfriend till she's 50!" Yeosang said sternly.

"Ignore him" I whispered as I turned back to Hallie. "But the answer to your question is no."
"Not even Wooyoung?" she asked discreetly.

Turning aside you saw Wooyoung talking to the oldest of the group Hongjoong and his girlfriend.

If you couldn't already tell you and Wooyoung were the only single ones at this gathering.

"I thought you both got on really well at Yunho's birthday party?" Swirling the broken ice in your glass you looked away from her gaze.
"Y-yeah we did but he said he didn't want anything serious between us. He thought it would be awkward as Yeosang's my brother."

Hallie scoffed aloud causing a few heads to turn our way. "Screw the sibling crap, if you want to be together then do so."

"But that's the thing, he doesn't want anything between us." Biting my inner gums I fell silent, "what if?" Hallie suddenly spoke, "what if what?" I asked in curiosity. "What if you pretend you've gotten yourself a boyfriend? That way we can see how Wooyoung reacts."

"I can't lie Hallie."
"It's not a bad idea you know" Yeosang suddenly agreed making us jolt in fright, he was listening this whole time?

"Let's all pretend and see how he acts. I know what you see in him baby sis" Yeosang smiled. "If he gets jealous then we know he likes you, if he doesn't well then we will find you someone who does." Hallie added as she grabbed her cocktail.

Once the gathering was underway everyone came together and began chatting about their relationships.
Looking down to your glass you somewhat hoped no one would ask about you, but that was quickly changed when Hongjoong's girlfriend called upon you.