Mermaid

Once you stepped out of the car the salty air flew up your nasal passage, scanning your eyes across the beautiful sea view your mother called for your attention.

"Darling, let's go your grandparents are inside."
Taking your suitcase from your fathers hands yourself and your older brother followed them inside.

As you walked across the boardwalk you couldn't help but look twice, there floating in the water was a figure. Their hair was bright blonde and their skin looked as cold as ice. Squinting hard enough you just about saw a pair of bright blue eyes watching you closely.

As you were about to open your mouth your brother came and gently slapped the back of your head, knocking you out of your strange day dream.
"Hey" you scolded as you turned to him, "what was that for?" Your older brother laughed a little "that's for not listening to me, I was calling you."

Letting your hand fall back to your side you looked up to him, "oh sorry" you mumbled apologetically.
"What were you looking at anyway?" He asked in curiosity, "oh there was--" looking back to the waters the figure had vanished, "there was" your brother scoffed "nothings there you dimwit now come." Taking your suitcase out of your hands he brought it inside.

"Y/n, my darling girl" your grandma's voice chimed as she wrapped he fragile arms around your body. "It's so good to see you" you smiled brightly. The smell of her soft rosie perfume brought back many memories from your childhood.

When you were a young child you saw a lot of your grandparents. Every day was an adventure, they lived just in the edge of the town and their house was beautiful. The moment you stepped out onto the balcony you were met with the warm sand and bright blue sea waters.
But as you and your older brother grew older you saw less and less of your grandparents, but as you were both no longer in school you made it your aim to see them as much as you could.

"Let's get you all unpacked, your grandpa is in the garden cooking up some chicken." Your older brothers eyes lit up. "Chicken" he sang as he headed for the garden, "that boy" your grandma chuckled softly.

"We changed up the paint a little. I hope you like it" your grandma spoke as she brought you to your room.

"I love it" you smiled as you walked inside.
Two big floor to ceiling windows let all the sun's colours enter the room. The soft blue paint really brought out the sea's tones. "Come outside when you're ready your grandpa can't wait to see you." She smiled as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

"I've missed this place" you whispered to yourself as you listened to the soft waves crashing onto the shore.

Sliding on your shoes you walked out into the garden. "There's my girl" your grandpa chimed as he jogged over to you, his arms open wide. Running into them he picked you up and span you around a high pitched giggle escaping your lips in the moment.

"Will you stop growing up?" He spoke as he pulled you along to where your family were sitting.
Your mother and father happily talking to your grandma whilst your older brother was stuffing his face with chicken

"Yeosang save some chicken for your sister please" your father scolded to his son. "I'm sorry but it tastes so good." Yeosang replies with a mouth full of food.

"Ah there's plenty more outback if Yeosang eats it all" your grandma replied gently. "I think he will at this point" you added causing everyone accept Yeosang to laugh.