Fresh Start

"Please" Wooyoung begged, "I don't want this either but our relationship won't work if I'm half way across the world for months on end." Cupping my cheek he wiped away the falling tears.
Looking down to my lap I knew that deep down this was the only option, yet I didn't want to lose him.

"Princess." he cooes, tilting my head up I looked into his watery eyes, the eyes which I fell in love with. The person I fell in love with.
"B-but we promised to stick together." I exhaled, my voice breaking. "I know we did baby, I know." Resting his forehead against mine we sat in silence.

"I will always love you y/n, you know that right?" I nodded softly. "And I will always love you too Wooyoung." Intertwining our hands he kissed my temple, "But long distance can work for some people." I spoke up in hope, in hope that he would change his mind.

"I know, and we could. But I won't be able to talk to you as much as I do now. Hell we won't even be able to hug or kiss one another when the other one is upset or having a bad day. I don't want to feel like a burden. You have your future dreams as do I. This is the best opportunity I will ever receive to be apart of a group and achieve my dreams."

"I know Woo, and I don't want to be selfish and stop you. I'm happy for you I truly am, I-I just don't get h-how you can throw what we've had all away."
"I'm not throwing it away princess." Wooyoung fought.
"I know what's best for me and I know what's best for you. You want to achieve your dreams of becoming a CEO for Hybe Labels and you shall continue to live those dreams."

Pulling me into his embrace I clung tightly to his arm. "I never want to let go" I cried as I rested my head onto his chest. "I never want to let go either my princess. I love you y/n" He whispered into my ear. "I love you too Wooyoung."

5 Months Later

"You aren't doing well y/n, what's going on?" My house mate Jackson asked as he took a seat next to me. Throwing the cigarette butt onto the ground I looked out onto the cities evening view. The kaleidoscope of shimmering lights flickered in the distance as the starry sky sweeps over the city.

"It's nothing" I mumbled.

"You need to stop this." He scolds as he snatches away the lighter and cigarette packet from my hands. "Hey" I growl as I reach over, aiming to retrieve back my only freedom. "This isn't helping you." He argues, "I don't care. Give it back Jackson."

"Well I care" he states making me freeze mid air. "I care about you y/n, I don't want you dying." My mouth fell ajar. "I know you haven't been eating y/n. I've even caught glimpse of the left over scraps in the bin after dinner, I'm not stupid." He adds. "Tell me what's going on, please." He begs. "I want to help you over come whatever has triggered in your life."

"You won't understand." I reply as I turn back to look at the red and orange sky, the sun slowly setting behind the skylines buildings.

"Is it about your ex Wooyoung?"

Blinking rapidly I held back the tears as my chest grew heavy. Watching as my legs swung over the edge of the balcony the evening's soft breeze flew through my hair, opening up my face.

"It is isn't it?" Jackson asks. Shrugging my shoulders my nose began to feel fuzzy. "What happened? I know you broke up but what was the real reason?"

"He was moving on to achieve his dreams. He's always wanted to become a singer and dancer. And a few months ago he got offered auditions to join a new group."

"And you're upset because he left or?" I shook my head. "No, I'm happy for him. I'm just upset because he was my everything. After my parents died I went into really bad depression, I didn't know how to handle anything let alone my life. But when Wooyoung came into the picture he literally turned my life upside down, he taught me what love meant.
A-and when he told me he was leaving me it just reminded me of the time that my parents said they were leaving me too, only they never returned home."