Royal Prince

The day dawned crisp and clear. The sun poured through my window, the first rays of sunlight lighting up the room. Hearing the loud chirps of birds was sweet, often with a melodious tone.

Peeling open my eyes I scanned the room, looking to my right I saw my mother sleeping peacefully. Her eyes were softly closed as light snores escaped out of her nose.

Pushing the bed covers off my body I headed to the toilet to get showered and ready for the day ahead.

Once I tied up my hair with a small hair tie my mother called me across. "Darling, you're needed down in the kitchen." "Ok I'll be right there"
Closing the door to our shared bedroom I began to walk down to the kitchen, to which once I arrived shattered glass was scattered all over the floor.

"Argh finally, a servant is here." Looking across I saw an unfamiliar girl with long brown hair, her face showing a very disgusted look. "Y/n please get this cleaned up immediately." The King ordered with the snap of his fingers, "Yes Sir" I replied softly as I grabbed a dust pan and brush and began to clean up the glass.

"Father she will cut her fingers" The King's son, Prince Wooyoung called as he looked down to my already bleeding hands. "She'll do as she's asked, she's a servant it's her job." The King gritted as he looked down to me.

"Argh, why do you even care about her?" the girl scoffed, "Darling how about we leave the young girl and go for a walk?" The Queen asked, her voice sounding so pure and sweet. "Of course" The King smiled, which was a rare right to see.

Once the King and Queen left the room Prince Wooyoung then turned back to me with a starry look in his eye, a gentle smile forming on my lips. "Get on with it servant" the girl ordered making me jolt in fright. "Sorry" I apologised as she knelt down to me.

Grabbing hold of my chin with a tight grip she forced me to look up to her. "Did I just catch you starring at my Prince?" I gulped, "N-no madam" releasing her grip a sudden slap was thrown against my cheek.

"It's Princess to you and don't think about lying to me girl. You'll never have anyone like him, your a worthless servant. He's far to good for you so I suggest you keep your eyes to yourself and finish the job."

Standing to her feet she left the room, myself and Prince Wooyoung remaining, "I'm sorry about her" he spoke as he came to my aid. Taking hold of my hands he inspected each of the cuts, "let's get this cleaned up" "No" I spoke in fright. "I'll clean myself up after I've finished the job."

As I threw the glass into the trash Prince Wooyoung stood beside me "can I help?" he asked softly. "No Prince Wooyoung, it's not your job." "But I can't let you do this all by yourself" he argued as he pointed to all the left over breakfast on the table.

"I've been doing it every day since I moved into the palace with my mother" I admitted making his eyes widen. "Wooyoung" the princess called, "y-you should go" I spoke with a whisper. "But-" "just leave" I stated causing his lips to fall.

Watching him walk away my heart clenched in sadness, a small tear falling down my cheek as I returned back to completing my chores.

"Did you hear?" My mother asked as we sat outside on a old bench eating our lunch. "Hear about what?" I asked in curiosity as I took a bite out of my sandwich. "The King and Queen are hosting a huge ball and everyone is going to be there, it's to be said that Prince Wooyoung will choose a future wife."

"But he's only 21 mother, that's far to young to be married" I fought, "me and your father did" she answered making my head fall. "Oh I'm sorry darling" she spoke as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "I know how much you miss him, I do to."