Before The Party

Today was my older brothers Seonghwa's 24th birthday, and he was planning a huge party to celebrate. Seonghwa was a very loud, outgoing, cheerful and very much a people person. Whereas myself, his little sister I was the complete opposite. I always had my nose in a book and I would work on all my studies, I mainly kept myself to myself.

"Y/n" Seonghwa called from downstairs, "what?" I shouted back, slightly annoyed that he had interrupted my studies. "Seonghwa" I shouted a little louder but there was no reply. Rolling out of bed I headed down the stairs to see Seonghwa in the living room. "What do you want? I'm trying to study."

Seonghwa laughed a little, "can you not just for one day take your nose out of a book? You're already a very intelligent girl." I smiled at his comment as I pushed up my glasses back up my nose.

Even though there was only two years difference between myself and Seonghwa we were very close siblings. "Ok thanks for that but that doesn't explain what you need me for." I say "oh yes" he chuckles. "I need you to help me set up for my party tonight, and I know you're the best person when it comes to decorating." I smile, "well that is my expertise."

I was of course invited to this party but me bring me I declined the offer. I didn't feel comfortable being around new people let alone drunk ones. Let's just say my social anxiety hits the roof.

"Great, let's get to work" Seonghwa chimes as he runs his hands together.

2 hours later

"I must say, we've done a great job. We make a great team little sis." He smiles while placing his hand onto my shoulder. "We do indeed" I add.

Myself and Seonghwa stood back at the newly decorated room, I guess that was the perks of having a father who is a CEO, big house equals big living rooms to party in.

"Well there's only an hour left before people start to arrive, I expect to see you there missy." I sighed, "Seonghwa you know I'm not comfortable around new people. I'll just stay out of the way so you can have a good time with your friends." His smile faded, "well at least be beside me when everyone sings me happy birthday" I nodded "deal."

7pm

Sitting at my desk I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was in a lose bun, my glasses hung off the edge of my nose and my baggy jumper hunched over my body.

Maybe going to this party and meeting new people won't be such a bad thing. Seonghwa was right, I do study a lot. Maybe taking one night away from my books won't hurt.

Standing from my desk I approached my wardrobe, pulling open it's doors I inspected my array of clothes. Reaching for a black dress I held it against my body, "maybe this will do" I spoke to myself.
I had brought this dress a few years back but me being me I never wore it. Typical

Changing out of my clothes I slid myself into the black dress. Taking my hair out of the bun I let it fall down my back, it's small waves framing my face.

After applying a small amount of makeup I slipped into some nude heels and tightened up the straps.
Standing tall I looked at my final look in the mirror, I looked like a completely new woman.
However I decided to keep my glasses on otherwise I wouldn't be able to see a thing.

As I made my way along the hallways I grew nervous inside. Stopping mid way I heard the loud music pumping away, maybe I should go back? I thought to myself.