35

Three days later. | 5pm

Dave had a small smile on his face as he signed the discharge papers for Kairi to finally leave the hospital.

Nyiah held Kairi's prescribed pills as well as Kairi, waiting for Dave to finish.

Both her and Kairi yawned at the same time, making Kairi giggle, and Nyiah smiled, kissing the side of her face.

Nyiah couldn't wait to get in the bed and go to sleep. She was beyond exhausted, her body was tired, but her mind was way past that.

She honestly was surprised her or Dave hadn't fell out yet from the lack of sleep, and the lack of food.

Kairi held around Nyiah's neck, rambling to her about nothing in particular, occasionally kissing her cheek, making Nyiah smile.

Kairi was way more clingy with Nyiah now, not that she minded, it was just new. She couldn't be away from Nyiah for more than a few minutes, and if she was she'd cry the whole time.

"Aight fat mama. You ready to go?" Dave picked Kairi up, and she latched around his neck.

"Mhm. I'm tired." She mumbled, laying her head on his shoulder as he grabbed Nyiah's hand.

"Me too baby." He chuckled, carrying her out, holding Nyiah's hand as they walked to the car.

Dave opened the backseat door, sitting Kairi in her booster seat.

"Be careful of your bandage mama. Don't pick at it." He told her, and she nodded, yawning. He buckled her seatbelt, before closing the door, and walking to his side.

He got in, pulling off as he grabbed Nyiah's hand. He glanced over at her, seeing her zoned out, her head leaning against the window.

"You okay baby?" He softly kissed the back of her hand, and she turned her head to look at him, her eyes low and red.

"Mhm. I'm so tired. Feel like I can't move." She mumbled, rubbing her thumb against the back of his hand.

"I'm finna get you to the bed so we can sleep. I love you." He told her, and a smile graced her face.

"I love you more baby." She intertwined their fingers, yawning.

Dave drove for about 30 minutes to the outskirts, more secluded and quiet area of town, before pulling in the driveway of a large house.

"What is this?" Nyiah mumbled, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"Our new house." He chuckled, reaching over to open her door for her, before stepping out.

"You can't live in your old house, and I can't live in mine, so I got us a new one. Nobody got this address and my Nonna stay up the street." Dave told her, getting an asleep Kairi out of the car.

"Us?" She smirked as he grabbed her hand.

"Yeah. You gone move in with me?" He rubbed her hand as they walked to the door, and she smiled.