FOURTY-SEVEN

[Recommended: Another Love by Tom Odell]

EREN'S POV:

"Told you I'd find you."

She picks herself up from the ground, pointing the gun at my face. "How the hell did you find me?"

I pull out my phone and show it to her. "I placed a tracker on your phone back in the Caribbean. You never noticed so I kept it like that."

Im surprised she fell for it

She pulls out her phone and begins to examine it. "I don't see..." She pulls out the micro device implanted in the phone's speaker. I shrug my shoulders as she squished it between her fingertips. "Just because you found me does not mean you're getting your way again. I'm not letting you turn me in."

She doesn't trust me anymore...

I raise my brow. "Who says I'm here for that?"

She flares the gun around. "Quit the games Eren! Your intentions from the start were to turn me in, I get that! But quit trying to act like you fucking care about me!"

I do fucking care about you

A little too much...

I frown and take a step closer towards her. "I do care about you-"

She steps back. "No, no you don't. You made that clear when you lied to me on the cliff. You made that clear when you took me back here."

I did it to protect you

I never lied to you on that cliff

Not once.

"I did that to protect you. If they saw us working together it would only complicate things to a level I don't want to see."

She snarls. "I would've been dead. None of it would've matter anyways if you just let me kill myself."

Everything would've mattered

My face turns, giving her a nasty glare. "You killing yourself would just make your life meaningless. Everything you worked for just for you to meet your victims early in hell."

"Everything I did is getting me a lifetime in jail. I know what I've done is not humane, but fuck humanity if they think what those guys did was any better." She sighs. "I did this city a favor."

And you ruined your life in the process

"I understand that. I understand your view on this situation but all I ask is for you to understand mine." I take another step. "I need you to understand why I did what I did back on the island."

Please hear me out

Listen to me Angel

She cocks the gun. "Talk, I'm giving you a minute."

I feel a wave of relief wash over me.

Thank you.

"When I saw Zeke telling you about the safe in the boards office." I pause, I look up at the blue sky with its shades of gray. "I believed him..."

She scoffs while rolling her eyes. "Of course you would. Your a liar just like him. It must run in the damn family."

Don't compare me to him

I'm NOTHING like him

"Just listen y/n.... On our way back here I called Hange. I told them about what he had said and they said it could be possible. There's a chance of an antidote being kept in the there!"