FOURTY

[HIGHLY Recommended: Pink in the Night by Mitski]

Y/N'S POV:

"Are we doing this?"

"No!" You begin to push him away, trying to lead him away from the cliff and back into the car. "You need to leave before they find you."

He turns his body so that you trip when you push nothing but air. "What about you?"

"I already told you what I'm going to do! Now get out of here!"

"I'm not leaving you!" He shouts

He grabs your shoulder and pulls you close into a tight hold. He makes sure you are looking at him before he speaks. "I love you y/n. I want nothing but to be with you. Even if that means it isn't in this world anymore."

No....

Don't say that

Don't give it all up for me

"I have nothing else but you. I want nothing else but you." He pulls you into a sweet longing kiss. "It will always be you."

Don't say that....

Don't....

"You can start over. You don't have a criminal record so they won't care if you leave. You can restart! You can-"

"I don't want to. Where would I go?"

"I don't know!? Cuba, Germany, Japan, China, somewhere far from here!"

Just escape

Forget me.

"What would my life look like, huh? When they find you dead they'll look for me even more. I'll have to change my name, identity, my whole life." He grabs your face with both of his hands. "But in the after life, our other lives, or wherever we end up. I know we'll be together-"

You whine and close your eyes. "You don't know that Eren."

"Yes I do. I'll find you." He gently taps your cheek. "Open your eyes Angel." When you open them he stares deep into your e/c eyes. "Wherever you are, I'll find you." He connects your forehead with his.

Please don't do this

Tears start to flow from your eyes. "There's no changing your mind, is there?" You sniffle.

He gives you a weak smile before rubbing his thumb across your cheek. "No, Angel."

I love you

So

So

So

Much.

The sirens wail closer and you pull out your gun. He pulls out his. Without a warning he pulls you into a kiss. At first it's passionate, desperate. But it then turns distant, weird...

Is he having second thoughts?

Are we actually doing this?

He pulls away and takes a step back. You both extend your arms out, pointing a gun to each other's faces.

This is it.

The end.

You have come a long way. In reality, you feel like you have changed since the beginning. The heartless and whore persona you had has faded over time. Now, you can't think of even looking at another man since meeting him. Since meeting Eren.

As you stand here now, on top of a flowery cliff, above the ocean, in front of the sunset; You stare into the eyes of your lover. The one you met to despise and rebel against. The one who stuck by your side even with the whole world against you.

I love you

The one who is choosing to leave this world with you.

I love you

His admirable structured face displays a frown, one that matches the one on yours. His body stand tall but stiff with his arm extended out to you. His eyes.... His eyes still glow the emerald tint they always did.

"Are you ready, Agent?" You sniffle as you say the nickname you gave him.

He nods. "Always, Angel."

The police cars finally appear. They surround the venue and trap both you and Eren in the middle. The lights from the cars reflect off your faces. The police stand behind their vehicles and aim their weapons at you both.

A final tear falls from your eye as you whisper your final words. "I love you."

Eren's eyes give up on him and silent tears escape from his eyes. "I love you. Remember that."

Always

With those words, two synchronized gunshots echo throughout the ocean waves. Policemen shout in the distance. Birds fly out from their nest.

You stay dazed and sleepy before hitting the ground. Your vision fades. It becomes blurry before completely going dark.

I'll see you soon Eren.

.
.
.
.

Mom...

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗

.
.
.

Just kidding (•̀•́)