ELEVEN

For some reason you always liked the atmosphere of hospitals. The smell of clean instruments and alcohol lingering in the air. The sounds of the heart monitors are always calming too. They make it easy to fall asleep in the dead silent rooms.

Your eyes slowly blink open and adjusts to the bit of lighting in the room. You rise a bit to sit up right but wince.

"Hey, hey slow down. Relax." Eren's hands comes over your stomach and slowly pushes you down. "Doctor said you should take it easy."

You groan and throw your head back. "What happened? Are the kids okay?"

"Yeah the kids are alright thanks to you. Hange told me what you did. That was hot you know, wish I saw it."

You laugh but whine when it hurts. "Not the time for that Agent."

He chuckles. "Sorry."

"What happened to the girl?"

"Unfortunately she got away. Ran away during the shoot out."

The door opens. Hange along with Armin, Annie, and Levi walk in.

"Eren! I told you to let us know when she wakes up." Armin says as he rushes over to your side.

"I forgot." Eren mumbles

"Did you at least call the doctor?" Armin ask examine your face and body.

Eren's eyes widen a bit and he rubs the back of his neck. "No.."

"Oh my gosh." Armin presses the call button on the side of the hospital bed. "That was irresponsible of you, Eren."

"How are you feeling?" Annie ask stepping up to the foot of the bed.

"Sore and numb." You look down to your legs. "Did I break something?" You ask, just now noticing the cast around your right leg.

"Yeah, the doctor said you broke your leg due to too much weight put on it." Armin speaks up.

"Don't ever do that again! I was so worried, I thought you died right in front of me." Hange runs up to you grabbing your arm.

You wince and pull your arm back. They immediately let go and cover their mouth. They start panicking and flaring their arms. "Oh I'm so sorry! I-"

"Let's go calm you down Hange." Levi says pulling them by the arm. Just before he leaves he turns back to you. "Get well l/n" He says then shuts the door behind him.

Soon after the doctor comes in. He walks in with a smile and starts messing with some of the screens around the room.

"Hello miss l/n. I'm doctor Lutaio, how are you feeling?" He looks you and pushes his glasses up.

"Im bit sore in different places but other than that im fine." You give him a weak smile.

He sits on a stool near the bed and looks down at a clipboard in his lap. "Okay that's good. Expect the soreness to last for a couple of weeks, you over worked your body. As for the leg, it should be back to normal in a month with the right treatment."

You nod your head. "Is there any medication I need to be on?"

"Yes. You will receive a daily pill to take for the recovery and will have to come back in two weeks for a check up."

"Ok."

"We would like you to stay for one more day, if that alright with you?"

"What no-" you cover Eren's mouth with your hand.

"Yes that's fine." You respond.

He gives you both a smile and walks out the room. Armin pats your shoulder as he stands up after him.