FOURTY-ONE

[Recommended: Ylang Ylang by FKJ]

EREN'S POV:

"Are we doing this?"

"No!" She places her hands on my back and pushes me away. She pushes me towards the car. "You need to leave before they find you."

Fuck them

I twist my body to the side so she trips and stops pushing me. "What about you?"

She pouts and raises her brows. "I already told you what I'm going to do! Now get out of here!"

"I'm not leaving you!" I shout back.

I grab her by the shoulders and pull her in a tight hold. "I love you y/n. I want nothing but to be with you. Even if that means it isn't in this world anymore."

I mean it

I'm not leaving her after everything we've been through

"I have nothing else but you. I want nothing else but you." I pull her into a kiss, savoring the taste of her lips. "It will always be you."

There's nothing that will change my mind about that.

Not ever

"You can start over. You don't have a criminal record so they won't care if you leave. You can restart! You can-"

They will care

They'll find me regardless

"I don't want to. Where would I go?"

She struggles."I don't know!? Cuba, Germany, Japan, China, somewhere far from here!"

I'll go far

But only with you

"What would my life look like, huh? When they find you dead they'll look for me even more. I'll have to change my name, identity, my whole life." I grab her face with both of my hands. "But in the after life, our other lives, or wherever we end up. I know we'll be together-"

I'll make it happen

She whines, closing her eyes. "You don't know that Eren."

Of course I do

"Yes I do. I'll find you." I gently tap her cheek to grab her attention again. "Open your eyes Angel." When she opens them I stare into her beautiful e/c eyes. The ones that always brought me comfort. "Wherever you are, I'll find you." I connect our forehead together.

Tears start to form in her eyes. "There's no changing your mind, is there?" She sniffles.

Don't cry baby...

I give her a weak smile before rubbing her cheek. I wipe off the tears rolling on them. "No, Angel."

As the sirens wail closer, she pulls out her gun. I follow along and pull out mine, but instead of pulling out the one she hit me, I pull out one I already had.

Fuck...

I don't want to do this to you

I pull her in for a kiss, because this may be the last time she'll want to. At first, I cherish it. I deepen the kiss and she returns the energy. But then it turns distant. And I know it's my fault.

It's for the better

This is for her

Though it was hard, I pull away and step back from her. We both extend our arms out, pointing the guns at each other's faces.

This is it.

But I won't let it be the end.

Some may think I'm crazy, for falling so madly in love with a person I honestly don't know everything about. For falling in love with a killer. A traitor. Zeke does. Armin does. Hange does. Levi out of all does.

But besides her trauma, her experiences, she is just like the rest of us. Anyone of them can turn like her. Anyone can be a killer if you push them far enough.

As we stand here now, on top of a flower crowded cliff, above the ocean, in front of the dying sunset; I stare into the eyes of the woman I fell in love with.

The woman who the world despises.

The woman who her friends turned against.

The woman who still stands tall even with her world crumbling apart.

And that's why I admire her.

I fucking adore her for it.

So I'll do everything in my power to give her the world she lost.

"Are you ready, Agent?" She sniffles.

She hasn't said that in a while...

It feels foreign,

But nice

Like it was the first time

I nod. "Always, Angel."

The police cars finally appear. They surround the venue and trap both of us in the middle. The lights from the cars reflect off our faces. The police stand behind their vehicles and aim their weapons at the both of us. But the majority of them, aim their weapons at y/n.

A tear falls from her glistening eyes. She whispers, "I love you."

I love you so damn much

Please know that

My eyes betray me as silent tears escape from my eyes. "I love you. Remember that."

Don't hate me

With those words, two synchronized gunshots echo throughout the ocean waves. Policemen shout in the distance. Birds fly out from their nest.

I duck down and lay on the floor, watching her body become drowsy. As she sways, I run to catch her collapsing body. I cradle her head and brush the hairs out of her pretty face.

I'm sorry.

It's for the best.

A group of officers run towards us and surround us with guns pointed. "Hands in the air!"

I glance up and cock a brow. "You all are American?"

They sent units over here?

"Yes, we have come to take in the Black Angel. Now release her and hand her over."

I clutch her closer to me. "I can't do that. I'm special agent Yeager, she is my responsibility for this case."

"There is no case anymore, you just shot her." An officer complains.

Motherfucker

I would never

I tilt her head towards the officers to show them her neck. A tranquilizer bullet is sticking out of her neck as she lays unconscious in my arms.

"I only put her to sleep for a few hours. She isn't dead." I stand and pick Angel up bridle style. "Therefore she is still my responsibility."

As I begin to walk away one of them shout. "According to who?! Where are you taking her?!"

According to my ass because I'm not letting you bastards take her

I stop and turn around. "According to the fucking law. Now are you going to give your superior a ride to the airport or not?"