SIXTEEN

Today is Saturday so you luckily didn't have to go to work after yesterday's events. You decided to stay home to relax and try to recover. Every time you look at your leg your think back to how this all started. You wonder if you hadn't taken the job again, would you be in this position? The position where you are more at risk than you were before. And where you have someone constantly on your mind.

The relationship between you and Eren is complicated. It's obvious you both want each other but there are so many things blocking that from happening. One of them being the fact that he is hunting you down to arrest you, put you in prison. It hurts you to think about how things would change between you two if he ever found out. How he would react.

As your sitting down watching tv you receive a text from Eren. One that sends chills down your spine.

Eren: My apartment. Now.

                                   Are you horny Agent? :You

You laugh to yourself but the laughter dies down after his following text.

Eren: Right now y/n. It's urgent.

Normally he would respond with a flirtatious text or a sarcastic message. But this? This seems like he's actually serious.

You get dressed and drive over to his apartment. When you arrive and knock on the door, he opens it looking you dead in the eye then walks away. You furrow your eyebrows and shut the door behind you as you enter.

"What happened?" You ask him as you follow him to the kitchen island.

He stands on the other side while you stand in front of him. You watch as he has his own war with himself inside his head. His finger taps rapidly against the countertop while he looks down. His gaze avoiding yours. You reach for his hand but he pulls away and steps back.

"What is wrong with you?" You ask.

He finally looks up at you. His eyes set on yours with a look of anger.

"Who are you?"

•••

Eren's POV: 12 Hours Earlier

"Mr. Yeager?" An officer's voice speaks from the phone.

"Speaking." I respond.

"You told me to call you if we found anything else. I think we might have found something."

"I'm coming over." I hang up the phone and grab my jacket.

I walk out of my office and drive over to the police station I visited a while ago. When I walk in I see the secretary woman I met when I first came here. She looks up a gives me a weak smile.

"Hello again. May I help you?"

Looks like she got the hint.

"I got this Vani, thanks." An officer says to the woman then looks at me.

"This way." He gestures to the hallway and I follow behind him.

He leads me into a small office room and he sits down at his desk. I sit in the chair in front of the desk and face him.

"So what do you have?" I ask him.

"We got a call a couple of hours ago from a lady who is currently staying in a hotel. She says she heard commotion from the other room that sounded like two woman fighting each other, like physically fighting." He states.

"So we when got there, there was a girl tied up to a chair in the room. Turns out that girl was the head of the hostage incident a couple of months ago. Remember that?"

I nod. "I do."

"So we took her into custody but that's not all. She kept going on about knowing who Black Angel was. She said she didn't know her name but that she knew she worked with the FBI. Now, we thought that was just a way of her trying to distract us. Until we found this." He hands me a small file.

"In the bathroom, our forensics team found a bit of blood in the shower tub. So after a couple of test we found a match." He goes silent and waits for me to read the file.

My heart sinks and I find myself clenching my fist. "Who else has these results?" I say through my gritted teeth.

"No one as of right now. You're the first one to know about it other than me."

I nod and shut my eyes. I put my head in my hands and sigh.

There is no way this is true. I don't believe it. I don't want to believe it.

I look back up at him and stand. "Thank you so much for showing me this. For now, no one else has access to this information. Understood?"

He nods. "Understood."

I walk out and slide into the drivers seat of my car. I sit there for a moment letting everything sink in. Once it does I hit the wheel of my car and let out a groan.

"FUCK!" I rest my head on the wheel.

How could she do this?

It all adds up now. All the men dying when we show up on missions. Her insisting to go with me when I said I was leaving town. Her obsession with arresting the men we find. Our encounter with Kristein. He was not only describing Black Angel... he was describing her. And he did it right in front of me. GOD HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID?!

What's worse is that I started to develop feelings for her. Childish fucking feelings. I should have known better. Especially when mixing business with pleasure. I became so attached that I didn't realize who she really was.

My mind runs around itself, I feel like I'm losing my mind. Was it all fake? Did she toy with me to get close to the men? To get information? Was all this an act?

Feelings of betrayal, anger, sorrow. They all flood inside my mind.... inside my chest.

What now? Do I turn this in and get her arrested? Or keep this to myself? And pretend like nothing ever happened.

I silently drive to my apartment and enter, leaving the paper on the kitchen counter. I stare at it then pull out my phone. I text her and put my phone down afterwards. I stand there, mindlessly looking at the wall.

How am I going to do this?

__________________________________

A/N

Aaahhh!!! I'm am so excited to continue writing this story. I hope you all are enjoying it so far.

Thank you for 5k reads!