THIRTY

[Highly Recommend: Space Song by Beach House]

As you walk deeper into the city you find a group of people. They sit around the corner of a clothing store while chatting and playing music. The white clouds of smoke blow into the air as they pass a blunt around. 5 males and 3 females. They all eye you as you pass by. Some whisper to each other while the others simply just stare.

You ignore them and keep walking. Suddenly, You have the desire to throw up. Running into an alleyway close by, you hunch over and practically spill your guts out. You cough and heave as you spill out whatever comes up your throat. You watch as it spills onto the floor. Your throat burning and your nostrils flare. Your eyes become teary as you uncontrollably cough.

Fuck you Yelena

You become furious of the thought that she was right. Drinking poison was your specialty. You spent years in your training to become use to the feeling of poison burning your insides. You drank various poisonous liquids and substances. After a few years you became used to it and gained a tolerance for it in your body. So during missions, you would drink anything even if you knew there was something in it. That's why you drank it even though you knew it could've been laced. You were too confident in yourself.

You spit the remaining out and wipe your mouth. Leaving the alley, you spot a vending machine next to a sandwich shop. You stumble towards the machine. Grabbing onto random objects as you do so. Your body can't seem to stand up straight as you make your way over to shop.

You look inside the machine and see various snacks and drinks inside. You dig in your pockets but find absolutely nothing. You glance to the ground and find a rock. You sigh and pick the rock up from the floor. After smashing the rock into the glass you take a water bottle and a granola bar.

Quickly, you walk away from the scene you caused and stuff the granola into your mouth. You chug down your water and spit some out to remove the flavor of vomit from your mouth. You look up but the road seems... ongoing. Like it never ends. You look back and somewhat the city that was just behind you, is now gone.

What is going on?

Where is everything?

Your eyes seem to be playing tricks on you. Your vision is blurred and your head feels dizzy. You pick up your pace as you walk down the never ending road. Buildings start to appear. One by one. But they seem to be buildings that aren't in Haiti. Buildings that are stuffed in your far memories.

You see a burger joint you used to go to as a teenager. One where everyone would meet up with each other or take someone on dates. When you squint your eyes the joint seems to have changed. What stands in front of you is now your penthouse that's back in the U.S. Your feet speed up. As if they're running away. Running away from the places that are so foreign to you now.

Headquarters. The building that you felt was like a home to you. Where friends were made. Where arguments were fought. Where bonds were broken.

Get me out.

Get me out of here.

Take me home.

Take me somewhere else!

You suddenly fall to ground. Your head spinning as you sit on your knees. You reach for the ground to lift yourself up. As you do so you freeze. You notice your arms have shades of red and pink. Rashes are displayed on your skin and they seem to be worsening. You notice another building has appeared. Eren's penthouse.