TWENTY-FIVE

"Zeke Yeager?" He ask with a shocked expression. "As in my brother?"

You nod your head and turn to him. "Turns out, yeah." You chuckle, "You know, I hated you when I found out your name."

He scoffs and smiles. "You hated me before you knew my name."

"I thought you were going to be like your brother. Honestly, I planned on killing you when I first found out your full name." You smile to yourself but notice he saw it.

He cocks a brow and fakes being shocked. "Wow! Looks like you looked forward on keeping that plan. Considering you did try to kill me."

Fair point.

"Yeah... but my mind changed months later. You're nothing like him."

"Yet you still tried?" He says clearly.

You sigh. "I didn't know whether I should trust you or not. I didn't want to take any risk."

"You used me to find him? All this time?"

Is that what you think?

Well, I don't blame you...

"That was the plan originally... but he cut off all ties to any relatives on his files so there were no leads." I admit to him.

You assumed he started to grow uncomfortable just as you did as the conversation continued since he changed the topic a bit.

"Why are you searching for him? How do you even know him?"

You look away again, not feeling comfortable with looking him in the face. "Might as well tell you everything, huh?" You sigh. "Zeke used to be my commander when I first joined the FBI. He welcomed me into the unit, introduced me to everyone." You pause looking down at your feet. "Honestly after a few months of working with him I started growing attached." You hear Eren make a weird noise next to you.

You look a him and shake your head. "It's not what you're thinking. He was like a father to me... I got so attached when I finally found another man showing me attention just like my father did."

"He was great. Zeke took me places I wanted to go, had my back on missions, and always seemed to know how to cheer me up when I needed it. He gave great advice when I needed it too." You pause and take in a deep breathe.

"But... after my mom passed, that's when everything went downhill. I was furious, broken and so confused after she died. I didn't know what to do or how to react to anything going on around me." You notice Eren's face soften. He looks at you with such care as he listens to your story. Like he's giving you the pity you always give yourself.

"I went to him for help, like I always did." You look away again. Not sure if you would break down crying if you keep looking at him. "I asked him to help me find my mothers killer. To help me put the bastard behind bars." You scoff, "You should've seen how he looked at me afterwards. He looked at me like I was a lost child. Like he didn't recognize me anymore. That's when I took matters into my own hands." Eren stands completely still. Even through the mask you can see his expression because his green eyes speak loud enough.

"I began working on my own, ghosting everyone so I could avenge my mother in some way. After I killed Masamichi Kitada, I was feeling all sorts of different emotions. I couldn't even drink water without spilling it because my hands were shaking so damn much."

For the first time since you started talking , Eren speaks up. "He was your first kill, wasn't he? Kitada?"

You give him a slight nod. "He was." A small silence crawls upon the both of you.